Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interleaving depth.  (Read 7063 times)

Kamil

Re: Interleaving depth.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »

An update.

Ping statistics for 212.58.246.104:
    Packets: Sent = 500, Received = 500, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 26ms

Channel fast is working for me.

Spoken to Zen and they do not see any errors on the line even tho I could see some in the router. Can anyone explain this?

At the moment I am content with 4meg ip profile on 52dB downstream attenuation and fast channel.

I found that different isp gateways make a difference also. In region of 4-5ms for me. The one used for the test is the fastest one for me.

Regards

Kamil

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »

>>  Spoken to Zen and they do not see any errors on the line even tho I could see some in the router. Can anyone explain this?

I cant Im afraid, I presume you mean CRCs?    There are sometimes CRCs that will rack up when a router is first resyncing, and these may not be recorded.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »

Hmmm ? I've had it where the ISP can 'see' errors that my JDSU can't. These are HEC errors, as we can only view CRC, FEC, ES, SES, UAS.
I've not had a situation where I can see errors but the ISP can't ?? Unless they've inadvertently overlooked something ?

Kamil

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »

No, I am on about the lot ES, CRC, HEC. They can see few but not a lot and I can see loads. 7

For example today in last 15 minutes advisor could see none wher I had 17 crc and 12 es there and then.

bizzare..

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »

No, I am on about the lot ES, CRC, HEC. They can see few but not a lot and I can see loads. 7

For example today in last 15 minutes advisor could see none wher I had 17 crc and 12 es there and then.

bizzare..

I would trust your Modems stats as the advisor may only record errors that goes above a certain threshold set by the ISP, so 17 crc & 12 es in 15 minutes is low for a long line like yours

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »

I'd like to see your line stats on an ADSL2 synch... probably borderline @ 52dB but there might be some gains in there :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything