Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Finally Friday sunshine ....  (Read 1280 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Finally Friday sunshine ....
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »

'Allo everyone -   well,  what a week !   My brother arrived last Sunday until yesterday, leaving behind the  wind and rain, only to be met by   -  wind and rain  :'(  We have nothing (in our area) like the UK but in the Var and Finistère departments it has been dreadful, very similar to the south of the UK.   Today by huge contrast, we have sunshine and  a temperature of 19°   8) !! crazy  !    Despite the weather we had a  super few days, but because of the weather we were unable to do a couple of jobs that  I'd planned for him  -   next time   :D

I think I might   have picked up a bug / chill  or  eaten something that has disagreed with me.  Apparently there is a 'gastro' bug about  and although I take extra care not to be in touch with these 'germs' it's unavoidable when we have so many people calling at home now.  I feel much better today, but if it persists I think I shall err on the side of caution and contact the Unit on Monday - not taking any chances  :)   The BIGGEST news of the week  -   wait for it   ---    my eyelashes have come back  :lol:   you'll all sleep more peacefully after that I'm sure  ;D  actually it's quite an occasion for me, I don't have dust constantly in my eyes or tears rolling down me face as a result   :thumbs:

I have a radio problem so I'll go and post something in the appropriate place and keep my   :fingers:

Hope everyone is well  --- keep that way -   ttfn :flower:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:14:46 PM by Scottiesmum »
It's today that matters !

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Finally Friday sunshine ....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

Todays weather report from here.. lots of rain.. and occasional bouts of hail,  and a tad breezy. :rain:

Good news on the eyelashes, but sorry to hear youve caught a bug.  Hope you are feeling better soon.   :flower:

Not had too brilliant of a week.  The usual cycle..  5.30am start to get to Manchester, feeling crap on Tues. Wed my face ballooned (dont you love antibiotics!), felt too rotten to go to on my classes on Thurs which usually I love and now missed 3 weeks in a row :/   Cant recall much of this week other than being terrified during the storm. 
Not feeling too bad today, still a little sore, but managed by taking paracetamol this am rather than prescription painkillers and nothing since :)
.... but I am feeling so tired today and debating whether to go for a snooze... or if that will mean I wont sleep tonight.  ....   however after just catching myself nose diving  the desk several times whilst trying to post on here..   I may as well nod off in comfort infront of the fire & TV :sleep:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Finally Friday sunshine ....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about those problems (both of you), but congratulations on the eyelashes, Kate. :)  Will you be going around fluttering them at everyone now?

It's another foul day here. Just to get out for a bit, Soo and I went to a large garden centre near here to have a little wander around. It's like an enormous greenhouse, and while we were there the rain tipped down so hard that it sounded as though the roof would break. It made so much noise that we had to shout to make ourselves heard.

It looks as though this particular storm may be the last one for a while, and clear skies with freezing nights are being forecast for next week. Maybe it's time to trade in the wellies for a pair of skates.
  Eric