Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Saturday Salutations !  (Read 1423 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Saturday Salutations !
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »

'Allo 'Allo    ....  everyone -     I hope your Christmas festivities went well, I'm sure some of them are still continuing !   

Here it doesn't go on as long -  in French tradition we enjoyed our seafood platter on Christmas eve,  accompanied by a couple of glasses of 'the Widow'   Veuve Clicquot champers    ... :yum:   as it's over a year since I partook of any alcohol, the second glass lasted rather a long time !!!    Then in English tradition we had our fowl and trimmings on the 25th, this accompanied by an excellent  red (very local) but I'm ashamed to say I had to dilute my one glass with water  :o  :'(  at least my taste buds have improved enormously, but our usual wine accompaniment to meals is a long way off.   There is no Boxing day here, everything back to normal until the 31st when the New Year Réveillon takes place - either at a village hall, restaurant or most popular  'en famille' at home.
The new bird restaurant is a huge success, both with hubby, who was delighted with it, and our feathered friends who also appear to be delighted with it.   :)

We had a few 'tootles' about over the last few days, some of them with hubby driving, he's doing really well with that.  Our weather has been "mixed" yesterday giving us the heady heights of 17° - today sunny, a few white clouds and a maximum of 15° - so we have no complaints !  I do hope that none of you have been affected by the terrible flooding over there.   I know that Eric, and I'm assuming  'Broadstairs' , live in the Kent area but hopefully in an elevated place.  I also saw Blackpool on the news - hope that Kitz is safe and sound too. 

Well whatever you have planned for the weekend  and following few days - enjoy - and I'll take this opportunity of wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2014.  :congrats:

ttfn....

:flower:  Kate

It's today that matters !

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Saturday Salutations !
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »

And a happy Saturday to you too, Kate and hubby. :)  It's a shame that you can't enjoy the wine much at the moment, but hopefully that will return in due course.

Soo and I had our usual quiet Christmas, but enjoyed it greatly nevertheless. I confess that we had Champagne and red wine, and I fell asleep in the afternoon. ;D   Santa brought me some handy things, such as figs dipped in chocolate and some delightful florentines. :yum:

We weren't affected by the flooding, although there was quite a bit of it not very far away. I did lose part of the underside of my roof in the wind, but it's not critical, and the roof still keeps the rain out.

A happy new year to all. :friends:
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Saturday Salutations !
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »

Thank you for the update and new year greetings, S*mum:)

b*cat curled up in a nice warm & sleepy spot and purred happily. Gifts of "essentials" were received with pleasure (extra purring) and some factual, historic (technical) reading material has been added to the "reading pile".  ;)

I shall be having a "day out" on Sunday to visit other family members, so I had better get on with certain other tasks right now.  :angel:

:flower:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.