Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I seem to be upsetting everyone this week...  (Read 1366 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
I seem to be upsetting everyone this week...
« on: November 03, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

Hi everyone,

I hope you're enjoying your weekends.

It has come to my attention that I have been upsetting quite a few people this week, this is due to the konradro5 situation.

I have made several mistakes in regards to this issue. I think the main one is that I have actually been rather rude to konrado5 and I haven't given him the respect he deserves. I honestly just keep forgetting the fact that he had certain 'issues' and I just go full-on 'rant-mode'. This is wrong and I truly regret the number of times this week I have said hurtful things to him. It is NOT his fault that he has these issues and I am just truly lucky that I do not either.

Konrado5, if you're reading this, please just know that I am truly sorry for what I have said and I will try and keep it 'buttoned up' in future. I wish you well with your life and I am sorry that you cannot be part of this forum any more.

If this happens again, I think I'll have no choice but to remove myself from this forum. In that case, I think I will realise that I just cannot control myself enough to keep it 'buttoned up' and I will be further detracting from this wonderful forum. I hope it doesn't come to this, but it might.

Bye for now and once again, my sincere apologies to all I have hurt this week (and at all the other times in my life too).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: I seem to be upsetting everyone this week...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »

Alec, I wouldnt worry too much.

Konrado has a problem and we tried several times to give him some room because of this. 
You weren't the only one that was getting annoyed due to the repetitiveness and I feel we tried to answer the questions that we could.
What isnt acceptable though is the demands and putting pressure on peoples good nature to focus on his issue too, when they have other things going on.    I know I spent a good deal on my time trying to explain things, which meant I neglected other areas and posts.  - Especially when it was at a time when I had a lot of work in the background going on too.

I think the final straw was the demand over the DSLstats issue.   Eric spends an awful lot of time on DSLstats - I should imagine that just about every minute of his free time goes into it, and I believe its turning out to be one of the best stat monitoring progs out there.   Unfortunately though eric's prog relies heavily on using telnet to get information from the CLI.   His router doesn't have telnet and although some information can be obtained via a hack in the web gui,  this is a completely different ballgame and would require a huge amount of work to implement and take dslstats in a different direction.

I applaud konrado's efforts to understand the workings of adsl and although his line does still have some small issues,  unfortunately these are the type that most of us have to accept as within the 'normal' when it comes to adsl and not worry about the few extra kbps.

I wish konrado well, but for the sake of other users it gets distracting when his issues are brought up in other peoples threads..  and I have to look at the wider issues and how it affects the forum as a whole.   If people get peed off by what was happening, then they wont come back. :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: I seem to be upsetting everyone this week...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »

PS, just seen your other post..  re TBB.

I wouldnt worry about that either.   TBB has a different atmosphere than here and some people can be more abrupt (ie the response you got).   
I didnt see your post, but see above when I said "then they wont come back".   I know quite a lot of people that wont post on another forum purely because of attitude of some of the other posters. 

Konrado is only going to get similar answers over there anyhow.   I notice the reply mentions BER and the QAM algorithm.   Both of those points I'd already told him over the past few weeks anyhow.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker