Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hlog graph - Konrado5  (Read 4398 times)

konrado5

• Reg Member
Hlog graph - Konrado5
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »

Admin notice.   This topic has been split from another hlog thread so that it doesnt disrupt and take over Loadings OP

Following there are Hlog for two different connections. Are they normal differerences? I see very slight differences at the highest frequiences.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:53:55 AM by kitz »

konrado5

• Reg Member
Re: Hlog graph - Konrado5
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »

Quote from: kitz
I also see lines line that at the end of my QLN, so thought it may have something to do with band masks.
However Hlog is about attenuation and attenuation shouldn't be depended on PSD masks.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »

I also see lines line that at the end of my QLN, so thought it may have something to do with band masks.
However Hlog is about attenuation and attenuation shouldn't be depended on PSD masks.

Yes you are correct :)
However whenever Ive seen that sharp up (or down for QLN) it always seems to be in the first or last tone of the band, hence the natural assumption that it something to do with the band masks.   eg on mine (see cap).

It may even be something to do with the way the graphs are drawn at the end of the band, but whatever way because its only one tone at the beginning end its likely to make little difference to the overall line, and the fact that it is fairly common leads me to believe its nothing to be concerned about.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:43:05 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »

the fact that it is fairly common leads me to believe its nothing to be concerned about.
Is my case this common case? (Reply #3)
I think you are right this is depended on PSD masks because as once I've had very low power output and 4951 kbps I had 26.5 dB attenuation. As my ISP increased power output my attenuation was 25.5 dB.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:55:55 PM by konrado5 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »

Not sure what you mean, yours is correct.   

The guard band for adsl1/2/2+  between up and downstream is at around around tone 32..  and thats where your dip is. 
The curves at & around those points will be due to power cut back and PSD masking.   That is a feature of every adsl 1/2/2+ line
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 12:14:58 AM »

The guard band for adsl1/2/2+  between up and downstream is at around around tone 32..  and thats where your dip is. 
I've meant jagger graph near the highest frequiences.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:08 AM »

I've meant jagger graph near the highest frequiences.

Stop. it. right. there.!   :mad:

That has already been explained.. three times..  its background mush.   Look at mine around tone 4000 and its doing exactly the same as yours.. tail off background noise as the frequencies get higher. Bear in mind my graph is more compressed because I use more tones, but if it was expanded it looks even worse than yours.  There is nothing that can be done about it.   

Loading's graph is entirely different the dips are sharper, they are at the beginning and i can also see what I call a 'shallow bowl' effect which can sometimes  a symptom of cross-talk.

I hate to do this, but you were warned about repetitive questions and repeated posts.  I'm a woman of my word you are now on a break from the forums for 7 days.  Perhaps that will give you chance to re-read what both b*cat and I said in that post.
-----

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 03:10:14 AM »

I shall make this post (and attach some graphs) assuming that konrado5 still has read access to this forum . . .

Please now take a look at my Hlog graph, below. It is from the line upon which my service is delivered. It is a perfectly normal ADSL2+ service which is provided over a copper pair of an approximate length of 2481 metres to the exchange building, according to BT's records. (BT == British Telecommunications, the infrastructure provider.) The synchronisation speed (CPE <-> CO) is 5637/1020 kbps (DS/US) and the throughput speed is 5.12/0.94 Mbps (DS/US).

It is a perfectly usable service. But there is a wide spectrum of usability across the UK. Just like, I suspect, there is across Poland. My service is at the 'poorer' end of that wide spectrum. Your service is rather 'better'. I am happy with the service I receive. It allows me to do all I want (or need) to do. That includes connecting to and administering servers in the USA. Unless I wish to change to a different service and pay more money each month, that is the best I can have. I suspect that you also may have the ability to change to a different service in Poland. Please be happy with the service you currently receive. After all, it allows you to communicate with many people who try to be friendly with you!

:friends:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 03:48:44 AM »

I shall make this post (and attach some graphs) assuming that konrado5 still has read access to this forum . . .

Yes b*cat its a read only ban. 

Ive tried to be more than fair due to his difficulties.  He's had warnings, but I cant keep going over the same things again and again.
I feel that we've been tolerant as much as we can, but its not fair when it upsets other users, by taking over their threads and putting pressure on members to answer his questions via PM.  We have I feel been far more sympathetic than most other forums would ever be, but we do have to strike a balance between helping someone and it disrupting other people.

Theres not enough time in the day atm .. and by dealing with things like this, it means Im not able to do the work that I do need to do to ensure the smooth running of the site and forum.    I feel like Im being split in half and not having time to do either properly.   and I cant believe Im still here when Im supposed to be up early tomorrow...  yet another night with less than 4 hrs sleep :(

I'll split these posts out so that it doesnt completely take over Loadings thread, because that has gone very much off topic...  then Im off to try get my head down for a few hours.

-----

konrado5

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »

I apologize. I didn't understand your earlier replies. I thought background mush is on QLN not on Hlog.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »

hlog & QLN often show similarish patterns. 

both/either can show up background 'mush' towards the tail end, which would be considered normal.  Admittedly you would expect it to see it on QLN first.  It can be an indication of x-talk or other things, but thats usually at the lower end.   Tail end is normal.

Anyhow its been another loooooooong day for me, and Im very tired.
-----