Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: It's sorted!!  (Read 2462 times)

bossian

It's sorted!!
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »

Well the same friendly BTO engineer cam again on Wednesday and sorted out the last old blue bean joint between me and the cab and finally it's fixed! ;D

My connection has been up over 75 hours now without a single blip  8)

It's only taken 8 weeks, but at least I now know it wasn't REIN.

Just waiting on Plusnet to reset my speed profile, DLM pulled the DS down to 54 on the 11th....after 4 weeks of doing nothing.

I have to say, I cant fault the OR engineer, proper nice guy. He saw my address pop up as a job and grabbed it himself to finish the last joint....there really are some diamonds out there!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: It's sorted!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »

Excellent news!  :silly: :dance: :clap2:

Perhaps you would like to give the engineer appropriate acknowledgement on the Openreach 'praise engineer for work' page:)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:33 AM »

Thats great news, so glad its sorted  :thumbs:

Perhaps you would like to give the engineer appropriate acknowledgement on the Openreach 'praise engineer for work' page? 

Thanks for that link b*cat, I'd not seen that before.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »

Result, Bossian ...... and thank you for your praises regarding the OR engineer.

As I've commented on before a few times, a high percentage of faults that appear to be REIN/RFI, are nothing of the sort.

Also, like Kitz, I didn't know that page existed, B*Cat. Thanks for posting that up.  :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »

bossian since you started a new thread, what was the problem before it was fixed?

bossian

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »

Nice link burakkucat, I have left some great feedback on that form to the engineer. Doubt there will be any sort of reward for him though....pity, he did go the extra mile for me.

@ Black sheep.....I have to say I was starting to think it was REIN due to the regular daytime dropouts. But the OR engineer did say that when he was remaking the last joint on Wednesday, he could feel vibrations in the ground around the pit as traffic passed by and that this last joint was in a very sorry state.

@Chrysalis I have a few threads bellow this one explaining the issues I was having since I went from ADSL too VDSL. But in a nutshell, since my VDSL transfer I was getting a lot of DSL re-syncs.....stupid amounts! So from what's been fixed etc. it seems, I had 2 old dodgy blue been joint between me and the CAB and a faulty new NTE face plate.

anything