Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Getting from RA-DSL to Fixed DSL  (Read 1928 times)

gouledw

Getting from RA-DSL to Fixed DSL
« on: May 20, 2013, 06:56:18 PM »

Basically had to move from BT Business back to BT Res, and in the process my 2mb fixed service went back to rate adaptive, anyway to get back onto the 2mb fixed service? It's actually like talking to clowns on residential.. Still better than shouting to TalkTalk! Ironic they call themselves that lol

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Getting from RA-DSL to Fixed DSL
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »

You won't be moved back to 'Fixed rate', or it's highly unlikely. They will likely just 'cap' your RA circuit via the SNR, to 2 Meg.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

As mentioned by BS,  BT retail don't do fixed rate services for residential anymore as it costs them more (used to be about a quid pm IIRC) and its not an option on WMBC

However they can request BTw to put you on "Max capped rate profile 2000" for stability reasons. 

Max capped rate profiles (500/1000/2000) arent rate adaptive  and also limit your upstream to 288kbps....so should work in a very similar way to the traditional fixed rate lines... Except the limit is set via the RAS, rather than the dslam.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:33:19 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

gouledw

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »

It's alright now, got someone to do it, i guess all you have to do is find the right person.

anything