Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Engineer caused fault on my line  (Read 8406 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Re: BT Engineer caused fault on my line
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »

as you know ive had similar problem before, the noise induction pattern wasnt the same as the one above last time. as asbokid points out it has that 'pattern' to it as if it might be inducting some form of PSU power?

What I see there is a primary noise source at around 700kHz on an improperly terminated transmission line - possibly.

The other peaks don't look like harmonics (or sub-harmonics) to me as they recur at 500kHz intervals - more likely thats down to the short length of local cable run being close to quarter wavelength for that frequency.

ouch! lol...  out my league here :)

anyway, I decided to put my Netgear DG834N in and the CRC count is still the same so is nothing to do with the router's new firmware I was using. - lose 1.3Mb sync with this Netgear too. its been 31 minutes up and i have 3 CRC's - was getting about 8 per hour today on 2504N

UPTIME 31 MINS:
-
INP:              1.02
INT DEPTH:    96
SNRM:           6.4db
-
RS:               25979252
RSCorr:          1191
RSUnCorr:      99
CRCErr:          3

im gunna have a hunt around, im sure I've got some old stats either on this forum or elsewhere from my line (working) which might show what i was getting before.

edit: after 2 hours 3 mins and about 2Gb data transfer:

RS:             104605132
RSCorr:        5501
RSUnCorr:     299
CRCErr:        8

seems a bit better than the 2504N actually, the first 3 CRC's were pretty much there straight after the syncing to MSAN, the 2504N with thos stats would have given me at least 20 CRC's in same use.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:38:38 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73
Pages: 1 [2]

anything