Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Have You Got Any Snow.?  (Read 4893 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Have You Got Any Snow.?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

Oh myyyyyy :o
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 07:25:03 AM »

I feel lucky after seeing those images. I'm in West Yorkshire Kitz and not on top of a high mountain like Queensbury.
This will go down in the record books in second place for the latest and worst March snowfall I think.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »

We have had another load of snow in the night and all attempts to go to collect our daughter from uni are abandon for today (A 120 mile trip  :'( ) If I can make the journey to the railway station (10 miles) tomorrow I will collect her by train (If they are running  :( )
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

Swalecliffe - North East Kent, between trendy Whitstable and Hern(ia) Bay.

We had about 4 inches Friday night, most melted during Saturday, then another inch last night which froze absolutey solid.

Cat not pleased............
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 06:29:39 PM »

I feel lucky after seeing those images. I'm in West Yorkshire Kitz and not on top of a high mountain like Queensbury.
This will go down in the record books in second place for the latest and worst March snowfall I think.

I have just seen a comment on a newspaper website by someone who lives in Northallerton North Yorkshire saying they haven't had any snow... :o......Its only just over an hours drive from here. :shrug2:

And I thought Yorkshire folk liked to share things...... :D

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »

Well I managed to get out of our village today this morning and get to Derby to get the train to help my daughter come home for Easter from uni.
With three of the four roads out of the village blocked with deep snow drifts that were not there yesterday the road to Derby was not too bad with deep drifts only on one side of the road, once we got down the hill there was not a much snow at all  :o and not any snow where my daughter's uni is  :o yet on the TV news tonight it said there was major drifts only 10 miles from her uni  :shrug2:.
On the way back to our village the snow ploughs had been along the road .
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »

Seems many here In Northern Colorado are asking wheres all the snow, Only 9" this saturday. The past few weeks we get a little bit every now and again then it melts within a couple of days. Can see the same happening on the mountains except for the more distant ones. Its Desperately dry and so many of the lakes round here are either extremely low or virtualy dried up all

I've heard from my cousins in sothern Poland there's the usual plenty of snow there. Cars and garages completely covered. My Aunt was annoyed the snow plow had pushed a big mound of snow over the pavement in front of her shop blocking the front door. Causing her several hours of shoveling

Send it all this way. The way things are here I won't be able to canoe in anymore than bathwater this year

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:21 PM »

You can have all our snow, I was thinking of putting an advert on freecycle to see if anybody wants it.
They have finally got the main road open and the bus route .
There are some snow drifts as high as the double decked bus's  :'(
I would expect to see this amount of snow in the north of Derbyshire (Peak district) but not south Derbyshire. :o
Pages: 1 [2]

anything