Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New filtered faceplate recommendation please  (Read 9755 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: New filtered faceplate recommendation please
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »

b) any reason I can't use the BT80A junction box I've got spare, apart from it not being strictly intended for the purpose of connecting user-side wiring? (Connections inside marked A B and earth).

No reason whatsoever. A very good idea. :clap2:

Face plate IDCs connected to the BT80A IDCs (just numbers 2 & 5) by a length of CW1308 specification cable and the multi-stranded DIY telephony kit extension wiring connected to the screw terminals. (IDC2 == B wire, IDC5 == A wire).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »

The BT Pressac VDSL iPlate is the dog's wotnots.  I was pleasantly surprised at the performance improvement it allowed.  I am talking about an increase in downstream bitrate from 10,000kbps to 11,000kbps.  It is also much easier to install than the NTE2000.

Although it's final destination is a distant relative's phone line, once the thing arrives here I intend to try it out on my line first!  I currently have an ADSL Nation XTE-2005 faceplate which I was impressed with, so it could be an interesting compare.

Ian

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

No reason whatsoever. A very good idea. :clap2:

Face plate IDCs connected to the BT80A IDCs (just numbers 2 & 5) by a length of CW1308 specification cable and the multi-stranded DIY telephony kit extension wiring connected to the screw terminals. (IDC2 == B wire, IDC5 == A wire).

Thank you, I shall do that.  That's saved me an embarrassing phone call, "Um, it's going to be another £10 more"  :-[

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]

anything