Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

BT Pressac VDSL iPlate

(1/2) > >>

hake:
Very impressive performance.  Far fewer CRC and HEC errors than NTE2000.  No increase in downstream bitrate but the very small number of uncorrectable errors seems to perceptibly improve web page load speed and downloads.  The connection seems to be even more stable than with the NTE2000.

Wiring is simpler to perform and I think that the IDC punchdown connectors have been improved.

I suppose that it is not surprising that a device to facilitate 50Mbps VDSL should also make 10Mbps ADSL work better.

I would buy one if an OpenReach technician had not pulled one out of his bag and handed it to me.  Cups of tea and bacon sandwiches get their reward.  Definitely worth the £13 or so necessary to purchase one.

HPsauce:
100% agree. I've had one of these installed for a fair few weeks now.
Though I did buy it myself.  :'(

burakkucat:
That is interesting to know. Thank you for posting. Endorsements by two reliable forum members should not be ignored.

As can probably be guessed, I have one tucked away in my grotto. One day I will perform the swap-over . . .  :)

--- Quote ---I suppose that it is not surprising that a device to facilitate 50Mbps VDSL should also make 10Mbps ADSL work better.

--- End quote ---

Just one minor correction -- " . . . to facilitate 100+ Mbps VDSL . . . ".  ;)

sheddyian:
This sounds interesting, thank you for that review  :)

Do we know how this differs from previous devices? Tighter tolerances/filtering, extra circuitry?

Ian

HPsauce:
It had no measurable effect on my service compared to an ADSLnation faceplate, but then my wiring is already 100% optimised anyway.
The thing I liked about it was the overall design concept, it has everything you need and is extremely easy to install - no wiring work at all on most normal NTE5A setups.
(obviously, already having a faceplate I did need some rewiring as I had to "revert" to a standard BT lower plate for the phone extension wiring)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version