Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT broadband problems  (Read 12904 times)

Bigmac77

Re: BT broadband problems
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »

Thanks for looking at the graphs and interpreting them for me. Re the NTE5 faceplate I am aware that I should not fiddle with it but it's in my house and I'm competent when it comes to wiring so I would hopefully not cause myself any problems if I were to try moving it and I understand that on my head be it.

I have nothing in my house that comes on at the time the problems really start to kick in, but they do occur when daylight is starting to fade and if I were just looking at the graphs I would say it must be some sort of lighting but as I said there are no such lights in my area. The heating is not currently on in my house and we have nothing that comes on over night. Outside the house there are two lights which operate on PIR's but I can and have isolated them. I have a CCTV system which switches to IR overnight but I have tried with this turned off and it made no difference.

I have tuned a radio to 612khz after 10pm and I get very good reception of a foreign language radio station. 

Bigmac77

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »

I went and did some investigative work with my radio last night conditions were not the best (strong wind) but I was definitely when I was stood next to the pole from which all the phone cables run. When the weather is better I'll try again.

Bigmac77

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »

Been out again tonight if anybody saw me they would think I was nuts. Presumably if I'm right next to the local DP I should be able here here the signal coming down the phone lines? Apart from this I could detect nothing but how far should I be checking? To the cabinet serving me? To the exchange?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

Ezzer used to be our resident expert when it came to getting out the radio.. but hes now on the other side of the pond.
Unfortunately this is not an area where I have much knowledge, but Im sure one of the other guys will be able to help.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bigmac77

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

Maybe I could not pick up anything because there was nothing to pick up. Last nights graph does not look too bad.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 02:37:45 AM »

Agreed. That looks quite normal.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything