Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How To Report A Dangerous Overhead Power Line.  (Read 12762 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: How To Report A Dangerous Overhead Power Line.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »

Aha, we were talking at cross-purposes SS. On my post I mentioned I'd be supping 'Sam Smiths', and the next post you ask if I'm from Halifax, because that's where they make the stuff ?

I assumed you meant they make 'Sam Smiths' in Halifax. I now see you were referring to my alias.  ;D

You're are of course correct, 'Sam Smiths' have reinvented their best-seller (Ayinger-Brau) and is now served up at a piddly 2.5%ABV (I think ?). So 'Taddys' has been the Lager of choice for the last 8 months. It's a slightly different taste, being more 'tangy', but is acceptable. ;)

PS ..... this site's glorious leader also lives in Lancs. So therefore my gangs better than your gang !!  :P ;D
Oh dear, Oh dear, Black Sheep.
I was just thinking what a fine fellow you are, going along with my daft ramblings.
And then you tell me that (one) you drink lager, and (two) you come from Lancashire.   :o
I know you can't help where you were born, but now that border controls have been removed, the least you could do is move to Yorkshire's golden acres.   ;D
The other matter (drinking lager) is really beyond the pale when good Yorkshire Best Bitter is available.
I'll grant you that you need to avoid the national (and multinational) brewers, but there's some lovely stuff available from smaller breweries.
In your defence I guess that you're a lot younger than I am. I'm sure that in time you'll see the light (ale).   ;D
Thanks for the craic.

I'm nearer 50 than 40, but still 21 in my head.  ;D

As a young man trying to get served in the pubs aged 16ish, there really was only Bitter or Mild to quaff. The Lagers back then were god-damn awful.

Now then, one of my first 'Lads Holidays' was to Callela/Spain back in 1982. This was the introduction to Lager, as you could only get imported Bitters, and TBH, they weren't great travellers.
About that time, there seemed to be a 'Lager revolution' and a greater array were offered up back in the UK. Fast forward to today, and it's Bitter has come under the much-mocked alias of 'Maidens water'. A tribute always afforded to Lager back in the day. Believe me, my Dad was a Tetleys Bitter man, and would always mock me and our kid for supping Lager. ;D

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of awful multi-national Lager brews out there, but there are a multitude of decent chemical-free, natural brewed Lagers ............... namely from regions of Germany such as Bavaria. These brews are pretty potent as well, with ABV's of 9.2%, but it's like nectar going down ones throat.

I once, and I mean once, tried a can of 'Special Brew' decades ago as this had a higher ABV than the 'usuals'. I managed one gulp as it was undrinkable to me. You'd have to be an alcoholic to drink that stuff.

So what I'm trying to say is, you may have had a point up until a few years ago Oddlegs, but nowadays, the Lagers are akin to fine wines. I think they only drink bitter in Yaaarkshire, because Lager's more expensive !!!  ;) ;D

PS ....... I sometimes cross theborder into Yaaarkshire in a working-guise, when their workstacks are high. Usually, Oakworth,Howarth,Keighley etc etc ......... it's a novelty seeing folk with 2 thumbs on each hand. :lol:

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

After reading the horror stories in this thread, I am considering getting the electric and gas cut off and living life by the light of a candle! 8|

Oh - I wouldn't take too much notice - it's just all the oldies swapping war stories. :oldman:

Colin

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

After reading the horror stories in this thread, I am considering getting the electric and gas cut off and living life by the light of a candle! 8|

But kimi dear, without electricity you'd have no nettage.   :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »

But kimi dear, without electricity you'd have no nettage.   :D

I could charge my phone/laptop elsewhere and leech from the pub :p
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »

But Candles are a fire risk  :'(.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything