Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

BT Home Hub 3.0 - Type B

<< < (2/48) > >>

waltergmw:
Hi BB,

I would just inject a word of caution with any BT broadband services. They are fine when they work but there are many stories of very significant difficulties if you have to engage with the BT fault reporting systems.

IF you are unlucky enough to get into that predicament then e.g. an expensive Zen solution becomes a much cheaper and far less stressful option.

Kind regards,
Walter

Bald_Eagle1:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on November 06, 2011, 08:13:13 PM ---
As for the Huawei HG612, which is installed by OpenReach as the active CPE for all FTTC installations, the latest version 3B with the SP10 firmware is adequate for the 12a VDSL2 profile upgrade that is currently being rolled out across the country. Of course, to be able to monitor the line statistics, one will need to install the unlocked SP10 firmware that Asbokid has made available to us all.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Along with the current 17a profile upgrade, It is rumoured that BT are currently investigating / trialing the 30a profile to give up to 200Mb or 300Mb speeds, probably just for those who live very close to the street cabinet in which the DSLAM is located.

The Huawei HG612 modem does report 30a compatibility, but I believe there may be some doubt regarding its processing power for such high speeds/frequencies.

Paul.

jeffbb:
Hi
quote probably just for those who live very close to the street cabinet in which the DSLAM is

located.

or better still in their back garden  ;D

Regards Jeff

Bald_Eagle1:

--- Quote from: jeffbb on November 10, 2011, 09:40:38 PM ---Hi
quote probably just for those who live very close to the street cabinet in which the DSLAM is

located.

or better still in their back garden  ;D

Regards Jeff

--- End quote ---

Haha,

There's plenty of room in my back garden for a fibre cabinet.

I wouldn't even charge BT a peppercorn rent for siting one there.

I wouldn't turn down an offer of free FTTH broadband for life though ;D

Paul.

f2richard:
So, has anyone successfully used a BT Home Hub 3 to connect to a non-BT Infinity FTTC VDSL ISP?

We're very fortunate in that our village is being provided with FTTC broadband in a scheme sponsored by our local county council.  The wholesale ISP is Fluidata and I've selected IDNet as my supplier.

It would significantly lower the cost of entry for members of our community if we were able to purchase 2nd hand Home Hub 3's, of which there seems to be a plentiful supply!

Has anyone successfully done this? Have BT locked out the ability to change the login names for VDSL connection?

Look forward to your replies, and thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version