Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The NHS  (Read 3387 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
The NHS
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:11:32 AM »

Hi all,
            went to see my GP yesterday evening after making an appointment with the good old premium rate phone call.While I am sat in the waiting room I notice all the staff have a new uniform.( they seem to change  them everytime I go).So I am thinking is this what my premium rate phone call pays for.I then start thinking about other issues in the NHS.Why people are refused life saving drugs @ 50p a day because of lack of money,yet we can send money overseas like its going out of fashion.
           This then gets me thinking about my visits to hospital out patients dept.When you enter my hospital there are patients outside either standing or in wheelchairs connected to drips and such likes smoking their heads off.They then go back to their various wards complete with all the germs they have picked up from just being outside in contact with hundreds of visitors who pass through each day.What about these so called superbugs and all the millions being used to fight this.
             As you then enter the hospital you can't help noticing non nursing staff milling around like ants.If the admin depts were reduced and the money spent on front line nusing perhaps the NHS would put us (the patients) first.

<End of rant>

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: The NHS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »

>>> after making an appointment with the good old premium rate phone call

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »

Thanks for that Kitz,I've signed it  :thumbs:

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »

I've signed it too, I didn't know about it so thanks for the info kitz

I'll spread it about a bit as well

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »

This was actually something I came across a while ago and I thought at the time it was wrong that money should be made from those who were sick.
IIRC from the original article that I read, the docs dont actually make that much money out of it, and I believe it was the Company that was selling the phone nos to the surgeries that appeared to be making the most. 
Thankfully the GPs round here havent done this yet..  but it is something that perhaps we should all sign before it becomes "the done thing". :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

ralphw

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 07:51:05 PM »

Must admit that my GP is in the 21st century. I can book appointments on line, log on at say 9.30am, find that there is still a 10.10 slot left, book it then rush to get there in time..  Each Doctor in the practice only has about 3 slots bookable on line per day but as there are very few using the service it's easy to get in very quickly.
I can also order my repeat prescriptions on line as well, go to the site of a pharmacy in Leeds, order what I need, they email the request to my GP who approves it, they then post the stuff direct to me. Order day 1, it arrives day 3....

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »

Why there are problems with the NHS!
THE NEW HOSPITAL WING!

When a panel of doctors was asked to vote on adding a new wing to their hospital, the Allergists voted to scratch it and the Dermatologists advised no rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve, and the Obstetricians stated they were all labouring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted; the Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body", while the Paediatricians said, "Grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, the surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Radiologists could see right through it!

The physicians thought it was a bitter pill to swallow; and the Plastic Surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Anaesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some asshole in administration.

dave  8)

ps. I have signed the petition

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 07:56:08 AM »

:lol:
  Eric

ralphw

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »

:lol: :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 02:52:14 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Dave, I think that should be posted on every hospital entrance in the UK  !!!

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

That is brilliant :D lol
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 02:08:35 PM »

good one :D
-----

anything