Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Arrrrrghhhhhh stressed me ??????  (Read 8357 times)

scottiesmum

Arrrrrghhhhhh stressed me ??????
« on: October 09, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »

I have posted this elsewhere, but I thought I should spread the warning here too  !!!  :scare:     I'm having fun and games  .....  speaking to a friend recently I discovered a product that I thought would be useful to me at the moment.   Rhodiola rosea  is a herbal remedy for stress related tiredness, and I feel I need a pick-me-up so Googled  for suitable outlets.  I found  Simply Supplements
http://www.simplysupplements.net/index.php?osCsid=6ecf4573ddc19a123256bc428135816d
and put in my search for the product, found it,  placed the order, got a confirmation of order telling me funds had been debited to my credit card and that the order would be despatched through Guernsey Post and Royal Mail.  That  was on the 8th October, today the 9th I received an e-mail saying that international orders had been suspended  !   I duly contact them saying that it would have been more useful if this 'snippet' could have been made available at the time of ordering, then credit card details would NOT have needed to be given, but would they please arrange a refund.   I received a reply to the effect that they would provide a refund if I gave the card details again, as they don't keep them for security purposes, and could I do this by telephoning them NOT to give details in an e-mail (quite rightly!!!)  they have a Free number which I cannot contact from France either by 'phone or Fax ... I e-mailed them this information, to which they replied apologising again and telling me their International Orders had been suspended ( AGAIN  !!) but if I'd care to contact them they would arrange a refund !!!!!    Again I emailed them, asking if it wound't be easier for them to telephone me as I couldn't get through to their FREE number from France.  They replied that calls to international numbers have been barred.  I'm not certain if they've been barred by the MD of Simply Supplements or if Simply Supplements have been barred from the international telephone system !!  All their emails came from their CUSTOMER CARE dept !!!!!!  which I assume is in the throws of closing down !  I have replied, less politely this time, asking if they would like to suggest an option whereby I might contact them or they might contact me or are they just going to continue to take funds from people and not deliver the goods !!!   There is NOTHING on their home page re International Deliveries being suspended, and in the personal details ie name and address there is a drop down list of all countries ...... 

Anyone thinking of herbal remedies do NOT venture to Simply Supplements, it not at all simple, and it simply isn't worth it !     My stress levels have just been raised to breakdown proportions; I am going to chop the heads off all the lavender for therapy !!!    aaaaaaarrghhhhhhhhhh

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Arrrrrghhhhhh stressed me ??????
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »

It looks as though, when they said it was a stress supplement, what they meant was that it gives you stress :(

I guess that a complaint to your credit card company should get you your money back.
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:41:37 PM »

I get my herbal remedies from another Guernsey based company called Health Span. I ordered several items last week and they arrived 2 days later. I'm not sure if they do your stuff, scottiesmum, or whether they despatch to non-UK addresses.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

Strange that it doesnt say anything anywhere on their site that I can find regarding foreign or international orders.
You'd think that they would have something somewhere :/

Since you dont appear to have any joy with their customer service dept, then I'd contact my credit card company.

Good luck ...
and whilst not rhodiola rosea... have a rose :flower:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »

I know of Health Span but a search of their products showed they didn't do this one and it had been specifically recommended ....   I shall contact my bank if necessary and thanks for the rose Kitz !   :)

anything