Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: N Vidia computer video card 7900 GS outputs.....S Video...AV...or....HDMI??????  (Read 2344 times)

punjetas

• Just arrived

Hi one and all....Has anyone linked a 7900 card to a compatible TV?  In my case this is a Panasonic TV with a PC input or HDMI plus the usual Scart connectors. The PC is running on a Vista Home Premium platform. Problem......boot up PC and if the TV is selected to the PC port the boot up info appears on the TV as does the PC screen background picture.Once the PC has finished it's boot sequence; revert PC to say Windows Live Photo Gallery and select a picture.PC produces the picture but the TV remains on the original PC background picture. Have not tried a video as yet. Reason for trying the AV link to the TV is that if I use the same port on the 7900gs and connect it to the TV using a DVI/HDMI gender change plug and select HDMI port on the TV the PC links OK but there are too many drop outs. To carry out the latter system I cloned the PC 7900 to the TV but each time you switch on from cold you need to reclone.I've tried the S video o/put from the 7900 and linked it to a recorder and at present the recorder do not "see" any video. I would appreciate any help but as a newcomer to this forum I think I expect too much???....Kind Regards    John

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck

Hello, punjetas, and welcome to the forum.  :)

You question seems to have slipped through the net and remains unanswered. I have no knowledge of the topics raised so cannot help much, but am bumping your post......hopefully an expert in the field will pop along and have a look soon.  :)