Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BTw adsl cease charge - Operative Date:23-08-2007  (Read 3515 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
BTw adsl cease charge - Operative Date:23-08-2007
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »

Since earlier this year there has been rumbles and grumbles about a BTw adsl cease charge.
The charge of £33.75 +VAT, which was announced in April this year proved very unpopular and BT Openreach suspended the fee on 9th of May saying it was under review.

BT Wholesale has this week announced that the Cease charge to be levied is now set at £4.90 +VAT effective from the 23 Aug 2007.

The cease fee applies if adsl is removed from your phone line, if you move house or if you fail adsl billing and your ISP ceases your adsl connection... or PTSN service has been terminated.
The fee does not apply for straight forward migration with a MAC key.

A cease charge will not be raised in the following circumstances:
•   The End User line has been migrated to another ADSL service provider using the published migration process.
•   The End User line has been migrated to an LLU operator (either SMPF or MPF) using the published migration process.
•   When End User service is migrated to another BT Wholesale ADSL service and / or to another Communications Provider (CP) where a MAC code is used.

End User Cease Charge:                            £4.90 (exc Vat)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: BTw adsl cease charge - Operative Date:23-08-2007
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

Hi.
It may be useful to put this info on your main kitz site .  ;)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

Hmm, I dont really think it is fair that the end user is being charged the cease fee. You would think the service provider would be footing the bill really.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »

>> You would think the service provider would be footing the bill really.

Tricky one. 
Many ISPs swallow the BTw connection fee of £34.86+VAT when a customer gets adsl.
Most also foot the bill for migration and regrade costs.  Some also end up paying out for BT engineers visits etc.

Theres not really that much profit margin for the ISPs in IPStream adsl, and whilst this is a small charge I would understand if the ISPs may not like footing the bill for if a customer leaves, or cancels their phone line.. or gets behind with their BT/adsl billing.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything