Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problems with Linksys WAG200G  (Read 10474 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Problems with Linksys WAG200G
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:37:19 PM »

It shouldnt be bridged mode (unless your using it with other equipment?).  UK adsl uses PPPoA although a lot of other countries use PPPoE which is probably why only PPPoE will work for you.

I cant offer any more real suggestions Im afraid... but one thing did occur... and Im possibly clutching at straws

Ok you have 1 wired connection that works... and 1 wireless connection thats working.

You very briefly got a connection on the 2nd wired connection... was that by any chance up until the "1st" pc connected to something.. which then stopped the "2nd" from working?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »

Also clutching at straws, if you swap the connections on the router for the first and second PC, so the 'broken' one is plugged in where the 'working' one was... does that swap the problem around?
* mr_chris is lost for ideas now :(
Chris

swissbill

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »

:)

I found the problem!  I'm sorry to have caused so much trouble and the fault should have been more obvious to me   :-[  . On the 2nd. PC I had thought I had deactivated the AVG firewall and virus protection, but had only deactivated the AVG control center.  This suddenly occurred to me as I realised that the "broken" PC was still receiving AVG updates.  I deinstalled fully the AVG software, and the PC immediately gained full Internet access.  I then reinstalled the free AVG virus protection and it still works fully (I will have to work out how to reinstall the licensed full AVG portection including firewall - presently using Windows firewall with AVG limited to virus protection).  Note the same AVG program ran and runs on the 1st. PC without any problems.

Again, sorry for all the work caused - many thanks to all but especially to Mr. Chris.

:) swissbill

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

Glad you found the problem, swissbill.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »

Glad you found out what it was. :)

Thanks for letting us know
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything