Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Eclipse Fibre Broadband  (Read 7520 times)

AndyAtEclipse

• ISP Rep
  • Just arrived
Eclipse Fibre Broadband
« on: February 24, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »

Hi Everyone

I thought you would be interested to know that we’re now asking people to register their interest in FTTC (Up to 40Mbps Broadband).

This is being released on 12th April.

If this interests you please  check out our website and sign up for further details. We'll then let you know when you’ll be able to have Fibre Broadband.

Obviously if there are any questions please let me know.

Andy
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:55:40 AM by kitz »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Eclipse Fibre Broadband
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »

There are some offers being made by Eclipse Broadband on their new Fibre service which may be of interest.

Read all about it at http://www.eclipse.net.uk/business/broadband-and-internet/fibre-broadband/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:47:21 PM by kitz »

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »

I've been with Eclipse for some time now and can recommend them, I do not think fibre will be coming out in the sticks where we live.
As I have said before there is  a fibre cable from another company that comes from the nearby city to a town about 5 miles away and the cable is 1/2 mile down the road, but they say they will not be connecting to any villages on the way.  :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »

You think that's bad! There is cable running down a main road less that 300 yards from my house yet not down my street. No cable for me. >:(
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »

Hello everyone,

The only reason I have a 20 M Virgin media Service available is that I saw Thames Water were replacing our water main and I told the then NTL to organise themselves. So we are one of the very few lanes where some joined-up  engineering has given us a way of escaping from the supplier of last resort.

(Sorry to be going a bit off topic.)

Kind regards,
Walter

AndyAtEclipse

• ISP Rep
  • Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »

Hi guys,

Sadly from the looks of it, it does look like the exchanges in the larger areas will be FTTC enabled first. BUT it is worth while signing up so we can get in touch when it is available.

If you dont like the idea of signing up, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll see what I can find out for you  ;)

Andy

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

PM sent .
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.