Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lycos mail.  (Read 6913 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Lycos mail.
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »

Does any one use Lycos mail.? (Free webmail).
If so are you having any problems with it?

Since having this its not worked since.:-
"Dear customer,

We must inform you of planned maintenance for the Lycos Email service on July the 18th. The planned maintenance will mean that the Lycos Email service will not be available for several hours from 9:00pm.

It is possible that you will notice some slowness and/or login issues during July the 19th. It is unlikely but possible that you will experience some problems with the service.

The maintenance is taking place in order to provide customers with a higher quality performance for the Lycos Email product. This will lead to higher user satisfaction with the service.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Best regards

Your Lycos Email Support"
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
Re: Lycos mail.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »

hi mike

just logged into my lycos mail and its working fine.

they've still got the annoying banners appearing when i log in tho!

Paul

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »

hi mike

just logged into my lycos mail and its working fine.

they've still got the annoying banners appearing when i log in tho!

How do you access it ?, I normally use 'ThunderBird' .Then you do not get all that *Carp*.
Our family has 4 Lycos accounts, none will work through TB ( Hotmail ones work ok) although they do work very,very slowly through a web browser (FireFox).
I have even tried setting up ThunderBird on a spare computer with one of the accounts and that will not work.
I found one post on the Lycos forum and two people said they could not access there mail, so they either changed some protocol or they have got major problems.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 01:01:07 PM »

sorry mike ive bin away 4 a week.

i access it in IE using http://f007.mail.lycos.co.uk/

just tried it again .. its ok still

Paul

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »

Hi . It was off for about a week, they did admit they had big ,big problems with there maintenance going wrong.