Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: KB974470 - Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista  (Read 31190 times)

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Re: KB974470 - Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »

Re. both your re-install comments....my thoughts precisely  :)

Yes, the laptop is fine.

While checking Event Viewer for this update problem, I also checked for anything else which may have caused it. I checked from September 2009 when it was purchased, but there's nothing significant in the System or Application section. I've also done AV and Malware scans just in case.

oldfogy:
Then try installing it from the download link (download it to the desktop first)

Even though that link isn't specifically listed for Vista ?

Re. the function of .NET Framework....since this problem occurred my relation has downloaded Avira, CCleaner, other Vista updates, Malwarebytes and Belarc with no problems but perhaps these are not associated with .NET Framework ?

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

1. Even though that link isn't specifically listed for Vista ?

2. Re. the function of .NET Framework....since this problem occurred my relation has downloaded Avira, CCleaner, other Vista updates, Malwarebytes and Belarc with no problems but perhaps these are not associated with .NET Framework ?
1. In for a penny, in for a pound, (nothing to lose as it will either install and work, or not as the case may be, so still nothing lost.

2. No they do not seem to be effected, after 2 years with this laptop, I have only just had to install .net framework so as to be able to install a movie splitting program.

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »

Just had a discussion with my relative and decided to the leave the laptop in it's current state (without the KB974470 .NET Framework update) and monitor closely if and when any software is downloaded in the future.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything