Computer Software > Windows Vista

KB974470 - Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Vista

(1/4) > >>

Oranged:
I'm trying to sort out a problem that a relation of mine is having with this Windows update.

Laptop is an eMachines E625 with Vista Home Basic.

The update has repeatedly failed to install returning an error 800B0100. I've made many searches on this problem but so far have not found any report of a successful solution other than a full re-install......which seems a little drastic when it's only a genuine Microsoft update  :o

I've tried disabling AV and firewall and saving to Desktop and installing from there.

I've downloaded KB947821, System Update Readiness Tool, but the update still fails to install.

Other than a re-install, has anyone any suggestions how to resolve this problem ?

orainsear:
Which anti virus software are you running?

Oranged:
Avira Free but as I said this was disabled for install purposes.

It was the same when Norton was being used but that's since been removed using the removal tool and still no joy.

This has been going on since 10 November but I've only just got involved.

The searches I've made indicate a probable corruption of .dll files but nowhere can I find a definite solution, which seems unbelievable for an official Microsoft update.

orainsear:
How about uninstalling/reinstalling the .NET framework package?

Oranged:
Well that's a new solution that's never been suggested in any of the searches I've made  :o

But what are the consequences....I'm not exactly sure what functions .NET Framework performs.

And if the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work then a complete Vista re-install may only get me back where I started  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version