Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Customer Service awards  (Read 5766 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Customer Service awards
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »

Hi
a bit of a surprise in there !!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4119-customer-service-awards-2009.html

When you consider the terrible time that 02 Access customers have had !!

Regards Jeff

Edit  seems like niche ISP would have been top 4 if only one category !!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:28:53 PM by jeffbb »
zen user

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Customer Service awards
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »

Ah! The award is given on how Customer Service has performed, not the results achieved. O2 Access is such a disaster because it is cheap and very closely tied to BT ip profiles. I would also suspect that quite a lot of customers that do contact the service centers are less than polite and are unable to converse in an articulate manner. One only has to read the official O2 forum to get the gist of what I mean. I am with O2 for Mobile & Broadband and found their customer service very willing to help, I could understand every word said to me and they were very polite in return to my questions. Unlike when I was with BT in all respects.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »

Some interesting results. - Although looking at it again all the top ones aside from Be have UK support. 
Saying that Be's CS are based in Bulgaria and without a doubt are of a much higher standard and they are far more adsl savy than the foreign (Indian) call centres.

I also notice how TT's support is gradually increasing.. which is nice to see for their customers...
Co-incidentally didnt their CS start to improve with the interaction of (UK) call support staff on their forums?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

I am with O2 for Mobile & Broadband and found their customer service very willing to help, I could understand every word said to me and they were very polite in return to my questions. Unlike when I was with BT in all respects.

Same here,

although I never found BT (Indian)support to be rude,just hard to understand and tbh have very little knowledge about UK ADSL.I still have my landline with BT and will continue to do so,as I think if/when you develop a landline fault it is easier getting it sorted being a BT customer.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

O2 Access is crap but the customer support I had with them was good.

Apart from the O2 Forum support as all they do is delete posts/threads.
What is the point of a support forum if they give no support?

Then when users make comments to support other users and the mods do not like the content they delete it or the whole thread and sometimes even the member.
Read the bottom post in this thread:
http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=15900&start=75 (Posts: 50)

It hurts to say this but the TalkTalk forum is excelent:
http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums

Just how a support forum should be.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:16:25 PM by BritBrat »

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »

Hi

quote : "Customer Service has performed, not the results achieved."

Treading a very fine line  :) I am not sure that most people would be so generous . Surely a measure of customer service must include results .

My guess is that as the LLU service is apparently very good that has offset the Access problems .

Regards Jeff
zen user

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »

LLU certainly is a better product than any of the ip profile type product, yes I am on LLU. I was with BT for a good few years (about 5 if I'm not mistaken) and up until December of 2008 had no problems whatsoever. After the 8th of December I had to contact their CS. After 20+ calls, some from India some to India, and going through the same question answer routine until the boxes had been ticked on the advisors screen did the session progress. On the occasions I attempted to explain that I had gone through this procedure the advisor became rather less than polite and demanded that I continue down the same path. At the end of the April 2008 when it was obvious the problem was not going to be resolved I changed to O2. I am still using BT land-line and cabling so there is still a problem, however I say that O2 CS is better in that I rang them on three separate occasions on another matter and the information I had given previously was on the advisors screen when they accessed my details, the questions I raised were dealt with in timely fashion and the and the advisors were polite all the way through. This is what I made my comparison on.
The O2 Access product is an ip profile type product and will be very reliant on BT resolving any problems with adsl. !!! Enough said there. Unfortunately O2 will be unable to do anything until BT has done their bit.
I hope I am explaining things properly.

P.S. This is not to say the Openreach guys are not doing their job, they most certainly do within the constraints given by their employers.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

mist

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 03:54:44 PM »

o2 has extremly polite support staff even with the dratted Access issue they were always couteous but unable ,by their own admission, to do much to help, the reliabilty figure must be based on the excellent LLU packages.

As for AAISP, I cannot praise them enough, they are a breathe of fresh air and I have never regretted joining them and would highly recommend to others stuck on IpStream.

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:20:35 AM »

I still have my landline with BT and will continue to do so,as I think if/when you develop a landline fault it is easier getting it sorted being a BT customer.
I also am unsure about this and, like you, fear that moving my line rental to another company like Talk Talk may result in more problems should I encounter phone line problems in the future?

There's a rumour that O2 may offer phone packages in the near future so I'm unsure whether to go ahead with this to save money?

I think that even if I was with Talk Talk (for my line rental), BT Openreach would still service my phone line?

I've been online for 9 years and have only been with 3 ISP's - AOL, Zen and now O2 LLU.

My personal experience of them is:

AOL - dire customer service and they don't have a clue about UK ADSL so a very frustrating experience  :no: (this was the reason why I migrated to Zen after hearing about how good their customer service is!)

Zen and O2 LLU - first class customer service.
Mike

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 10:45:49 AM »

@ CurlyWhirly,

Unless you have a Virgin Media type cable sevice, as long as you are using the same wires into your house it will be BT Openreach who will service your line whoever your ISP is and even if you have FTTC available, BUT as with all users they only do so with no Universal Service Obligation for the higher frequency broadband signals. That said, BT O do seem to use their best endeavours to resolve problems.

Kind regards,
Walter

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »

Hi Curly Whirly,  :)

The only other time I have had my landline with someone other than BT was with TalkTalk.Every time we had a line fault we had to contact TT who in turn would contact BT Openreach.
Talktalk was my first experience  of broadband,which turned into a nightmare so I moved to BT BB which was ok-ish apart from their god awful Indian support.

I am now with O2 LLU BB and very pleased with it,but I will be reluctant to move my landline to O2 when they get it up and running,yes its cheaper than BT,but you have to pay for certain bolt ons which come as standard on BT.
And also as I am diabled I am registered with BT's priority fault service which if I have a line fault gets fixed pretty quick.
The only thing I don't like with BT is now they have switched the free call period from 6 to 7pm  >:(

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

Unless you have a Virgin Media type cable sevice, as long as you are using the same wires into your house it will be BT Openreach who will service your line whoever your ISP is and even if you have FTTC available, BUT as with all users they only do so with no Universal Service Obligation for the higher frequency broadband signals. That said, BT O do seem to use their best endeavours to resolve problems.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
Mike

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »

The only other time I have had my landline with someone other than BT was with TalkTalk.Every time we had a line fault we had to contact TT who in turn would contact BT Openreach.
Talktalk was my first experience  of broadband,which turned into a nightmare so I moved to BT BB which was ok-ish apart from their god awful Indian support.
I experienced a similar thing with AOL who also used an Indian based call centre!

And also as I am disabled I am registered with BT's priority fault service which if I have a line fault gets fixed pretty quick.
Sorry to hear about your disability  :(

I can see that a phone line is essential to your needs.

I am now with O2 LLU BB and very pleased with it,but I will be reluctant to move my landline to O2 when they get it up and running,yes its cheaper than BT,but you have to pay for certain bolt ons which come as standard on BT.
I don't use any 'bolt ons' except the 1571 answer phone messaging service which is free on BT.

I would save around £50 a year by moving to O2 for my line rental so not really a massive saving.
Mike