Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Poorly Boys  (Read 16070 times)

scottiesmum

Re: Poorly Boys
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »

Kitz,   ... it may be worthwhile having a word with your vet and telling him/her that you have used Dettol in the feeding area .... it might not have anything at all to do with the problem, BUT it may  give the vet other ideas on treatment !   :)  Kate

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 11:21:01 PM »

Thanks guys I will do..   god you can imagine how horrified I was when it was first mentioned!
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »

Update

Chas is tons better and appears almost back to normal. (all be it a lot slimmer than last month).
Mouse is tons better too and actually eating today without having to be coaxed out of his basket.  ;D

I cant believe that Im buying them best cod   :no:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

scottiesmum

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »

That IS good news ... get them a few langoustines to go with the cod   ;)     really pleased for you ... :)

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 11:07:16 PM »

Great news!  Guess we'll soon be seeing Bump then  ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »

That IS good news ... get them a few langoustines to go with the cod   ;)     really pleased for you ... :)

lol Im just worried that when they are better they will turn their nose up at *normal* cat food.  :'(  :D

The past week Ive been giving them just about anything to try and tempt them to eat. The list includes

~ Best cod.
~ Some premium chicken breast fillets that I'd originally bought for me.
~ Cooking and carving up a Bernard Matthews Turkey Breast roll just for the cats.
~ Paying a rip-off £1 for a small can of tuna from the corner shop :/
~ Cooking a mix of rice and scrambled egg flavoured with a little tuna each meal time when they were at their worst, then spending nearly an hour hand feeding them.

The past 10 days or so has been very hard work nursing them back to health.  Keeping them and the environment clean took a lot of time particulary when ones a white persian.   If there was such a thing as "cat nappies" I would have bought them :D  My mate said the other day that its a good job Im not at work otherwise I just wouldnt have been able to do it.

Not sure when we'll get *bump* I want to make sure mine are completely recovered and arent going to pass anything on.
The fact that whatever it was has floored 2 normally very healthy adult cats where even the vet wasnt sure if they would pass 4 days.  Therefore Im not sure if a wee 8 week old kitty would fare too well under those circumstances. 

-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25:49 AM »

I don't feel very well, can I come and stay....  :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:24 AM »

It does rather sound as though it may have been poisoning rather than an infection. Very nasty, and I'm really pleased that they're on the mend.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

I don't feel very well, can I come and stay....  :lol:

ermm   Im not wiping your botty for you  :lol:
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

The vets really arent sure what it was.  They think it may have been bacterial due to the fact that it responded to antibiotics.  But it could also have been the steroids which gave them a bit of a boost.

Since a neighbours cat also had something very similar a week before then poisoning had been discussed also.
Re the dettol - although I did panic when I saw it here.  I really dont think its that since I wiped everything down with a watered solution..  and didnt actually use it on their feeding bowls.  I did on a day when they were already very poorly and only the once, since I have some proper pet disinfectant now.

I could have paid a fortune to have some tests, but as previously mentioned, the vet said that because of the delay in results coming back it could have been too late to have been of benefit.  My neighbour did shell out nearly £70 for tests which all came back negative.

Main thing is they are on the mend :)
-----

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

Re the dettol - although I did panic when I saw it here.  I really don't think its that since I wiped everything down with a watered solution..  and didnt actually use it on their feeding bowls.  I did on a day when they were already very poorly and only the once, since I have some proper pet disinfectant now.

As you say, the main thing is they are on the mend and that's what really counts.
Your Dettol would not have been the problem, because the problem was there before you used it.
"IF" it is poisoning caused by Jeyes fluid or something similar, they would of caught it out-side with the younger cat catching it of one of the others by cleaning it/them.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 10:38:59 PM »

Both *boys* now seem fine and are back eating normally and I can let them back into the main part of the house without fear of accidents again.

However Mouse seems to have had a change in his diet preference..  previously he always prefered cat biscuits, but now he seems to want the sachets of meat,  which seems to have rather an unfortunate effect and he can clear a room in 5 seconds.   :no:
-----

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 10:41:50 PM »

Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you.......

Ratae

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

Both *boys* now seem fine and are back eating normally and I can let them back into the main part of the house without fear of accidents again.

However Mouse seems to have had a change in his diet preference..  previously he always prefered cat biscuits, but now he seems to want the sachets of meat,  which seems to have rather an unfortunate effect and he can clear a room in 5 seconds.   :no:
Kitz...my old cat died 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 19.One thing that worried me,was my neighbours liberal use of slug pellets on his veg patch.These modern pellets are very toxic and personally I blame them for the decline of the song thrush population,which eat the snails,which eat the pellets!
I was told that inquisitive cats sometimes ate these pellets,I mentioned this to my neighbour (who was very fond of my cat) and she stopped scattering the pellets!
Just a thought!
ratae
If I can't dazzle them with my intelligence, I'll baffle them with my bulls**t!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 11:54:21 PM »

>> Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you.......

and chas who previously would only eat the above...  now pines for Tescos pouches in gravy -   but since the tesco that sells them is about 12 miles from here, he'll just have to wait. :/
-----
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything