Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The case of the missing customers...  (Read 4171 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
The case of the missing customers...
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:28:35 AM »

Plusnet have reported on their Comms Blog that they have seen a number of customers disappearing to TalkTalk's broadband package.... but here's the weird part - they have been moved without a MAC key and often without their knowledge!

More information and the full article - Linky
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:22:56 PM by mr_chris »
Chris

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: The case of the missing customers...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 07:01:56 AM »

That's rather interesting, but maybe you should correct the link :)

Eric
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »

Oops... corrected  :-[
Chris

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »

An interesting tale  ???

Strange how a few months ago TalkTalk could not take the demand for its free broadband packages and was receiving complaints over that, particuarly for poor customer service and now they seem to be moving lines will nilly without proper permission :no:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »

It's rather like what used to happen after electricity and gas supply was opened up to alternative suppliers. People found themselves switched to a different supplier without knowingly giving permission.

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 05:58:13 PM »

Had one of these TT guys door-knocking here a couple of weeks ago. (kimi said I was 'orrible - but I wasnt really).

Basically he was trying to get me to move my phone to TT - and I specifically asked about my adsl - stressing that my connection was very important to me.  The guy said it wouldnt make any difference although I could t/fr that to TT at the same time too.  I then proceeded to baffle the guy when I mentioned LLU - (he had no idea about what Local loop unbundling was  nvm SMPF).  There wasnt any way I was gonna sign up and I guess he picked on the wrong person to try and convince.   - Especially since a week ago I spent  an evening at someone's house trying to sort out their pathetic TT "Up to 8Mb" connection on a line that is capable of 8Mb speeds and routinely gets a damn poor 400kbps (ok nearer 500kbps after I'd MTU tweaked it). ???

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 03:08:55 PM »

Had a very nice young lady planted on the doorstep rabbitting on about TT.  She claimed I would save money on Line Rental, the figure she quoted was slightly more than I pay BT  :-[.

So I sent her 2 doors down, Ray is very senior in the Crayford BT Exchange  :P
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »

>> She claimed I would save money on Line Rental,

Thats the thing - I couldnt really figure out how I would save - because I dont do foreign calls, nor actually use the landline phone that often.  If I do then its normally after 6pm when its 4p for up to an hour..  so my total monthly bill is normally not much more than the monthly line rental.

The only real saving I could make is if I got their "discounted adsl" - no thanks!

The house I was at last night has TT with 20dB atten by the time I'd sorted the original PC problem that I went round for - I didnt really have time to mess with the connection (and perhaps by this time had had too much wine to care).
But I did a couple of speed tests and it was getting a cracking 1500kbps down and even the upstream was low (under 200 iirc), which is pretty poor for an 8Mb account.  I'm not going to mess with it anyhow since he's had enough and is in the process of migrating elsewhere. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »

>> So I sent her 2 doors down, Ray is very senior in the Crayford BT Exchange 

That should be fun

:lol:
-----

anything