• Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
BUMP
« on: June 09, 2007, 02:14:39 AM »

^-^ Before kimi gets in first.........

meet "Bump" - which somewhere along the line I think Ive been conned over

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: BUMP
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28:14 AM »

Do I take it that Bump is a new member of the family? :)
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 09:00:43 AM »

You mean you've swapped a stroppy teenager for a kitten? Good move!!!  ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »

Originally it started off on a night out a few weeks ago, when we were asked if we wanted a new kitty. I wasnt too sure and said "Maybe" if its a a tabby or a grey.. and it was a boy.

Several hours later Bump was born (on Kimis birthday) which she decided was an Omen and one of her friends said he'd buy the tabby for her birthday pressy. 

Kimi took me to see them when they were a couple of days old (first 2 pics above) and I guess my heart melted a little, Bump "looked like a boy" but.....

Anyhow over the past few weeks weve had progress reports (and kimi's seen) of the eyes opening and first steps etc..  and yesterday I went to have another look...  and I guess my heart melted a lil bit more, as it snuggled up to my shoulder.
Howvever I'm pretty sure that Bump is a lil girl.  The bottom pic is from yesterday, but not too clear since its off my phone.  No doubt kimi will pull the pics off her camera today.

"Bump" is still too young yet to leave mum, but without saying too much (I said maybe kim!), it looks like the kitz household may have a new resident at the end of this month.

The only thing thats concerning me really (selfishly) is that Bump will be kimi's kitty, and if Kim gets a placement at Lincoln she will be moving over there in Sept.  She says she'd want to take it with her - by which time knowing me I'll have grown rather fond of it, and the other 2 cats will just have gotten used to having it around.  :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »

We were meant to get Bump this week, but due to the "boys" being ill then weve had to delay.   :(
He's the only one still with mum as all the rest of the litter  have gone on to their new homes.

These are some pics from the last time I went round to see her/him when he was about 4.5 weeks old.
Although I havent been for a wee while Im now told that perhaps bump is a boy afterall... or so kimi says.

-----

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 02:43:12 PM »

Looks a real little cutie - I'm dead jealous  ;)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:40:39 AM »

WE HAVE BUMP!
(and despite mums protests, he is actually called Bump, and since I'm paying for all the injections and neutering....)
Mum has fallen desperatly, head over heels in love with him (it is a him, vet confirmed) and lies on my bed for hours a day just to play with him.

He is a little devil though, because when I first left him alone, I get a phone call and hour later from mi madre going *ahem* *crying* 'I've lost the kitten!'... turns out the little bugger got behind the fridge.

Although at the moment I am running on minimal sleep (Bump refuses to sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time, and god forbid he lets me sleep whilst he's awake....) I do love the little terror.

Charlie has taken to Bump really well, and Bump looks to Charlie as a sort of 'Father' figure, or at least a big brother.... however, my other baby, Mouse, is having trouble coming to terms with an energetic little clone of him running around.

Bump currently is trying to climb onto the keyboard, so I'll let him have his say....

iowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwcvm 7777777777666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

^ that message was from bump, to all those who have been following his life, basically!
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 02:46:01 AM »

Just for the record: Bump has just spotted himself in the mirror.

it's amusing.
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 02:34:40 AM »

I've been so busy over the past week that I havent had chance to update this myself...

But 3 weeks later than originally planned (due to the other 2 been poorly), "Bump"  finally become resident of the kitz household on the 17th.

The day was quite eventful to say the least - I'll skip over some of the stuff - but Kim went out leaving me in charge of Bump. 
I spent about 1/2 hour playing with him, then took some pics.  I then shut him in the kitchen whilst I went to take the pics off the camera.
10-15 mins later I went back into the kitchen, but no sign of the kitten.   I pulled everything out looking for him but no sign.
The only option I could think was that he must have followed one of the other cats out of the cat flap - despite it being stiff.

So... spent ages looking in the garden - no sign - checked neighbours garden and by this time neighbours were also in on the hunt.
Sue came in and double checked the kitchen - nope no sign - opened all the cupboards - pulled the skirts off the cupboards still no where to be seen.  3 hours later of frantic searching and fearing for my life that kim would kill me, I put my hand behind a small gap behind the fridge.
and heard a hiss.  removed hand put it back... hisssss.

The stupid thing had gone behind the fridge and crawled up into the insides/underneath the fridge... and there he stayed for another hour till I managed to tempt him out with some chicken.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:39:35 AM by kitz »
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 03:39:49 AM »

Anyhow heres some pics of Bump - a couple of which show the tiny space where he had managed to hide whilst giving me a heart attack.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/gallery/KitzKatz/
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 06:55:59 AM »

When's the christening? :D
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »

Aahhh! :)

ralphw

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »

Seems I might have big sister!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:52:16 PM by ralphw »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 06:42:04 PM »

awwhh - what is it about cats and cardboard boxes?

-----

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »

Since you obviously have a lot of cat experience kitz, I thought you might be able to tell me whether it's true that cats always wash behind their ears when rain is coming.  I've just read this, and remembered my old dad saying it, but I haven't had a cat for years
Pages: [1] 2

anything