Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Ex-Car  (Read 3430 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
My Ex-Car
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »

This weekend just gone, my car got wrote off :(

I was driving along some back road, and a car came towards me with his full beam headlights on, and he didn't turn them off. It completely dazzled me and I couldn't see anything.

I was sure he was slightly over my side of the road, so I swerved to try and avoid hitting him, hit the curb on the left, over-compensated for that and spun round to the right. Crunched all the front of my car on the verge on the right hand side of the road and the fence, and came to rest with a now rather trashed front end of my car.

I didn't hit the other car, but unfortunately he didn't stop, he just drove away. I didn't get any details of the other car obviously because I couldn't see anything.

I would be very surprised if it isn't a write-off - I should get to know later on today, hopefully.

Fortunately I got out the car and walked away, so I guess that's the main thing. It's not a nice experience though. :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
Chris

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: My Ex-Car
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »

Oh dear :( Not a pretty sight. I'm pleased you're OK though.

Eric
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

So now we know what the crash reference was. Main thing is that neither you, or anybody else, were hurt.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »

Glad you're ok
cars can be replaced !
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »

My sympathies to chris, it does look a bit of a mess :(

Am I right in thinking a write off is when the integrity of the car is damaged or when it costs more to repair than the value of the vehicle?

I imagine it is particuarly frustrating as it was really caused by the t**t who couldn't operate a plastic switch and then drove off afterwards  >:(

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:57:11 PM »

Am I right in thinking a write off is when the integrity of the car is damaged or when it costs more to repair than the value of the vehicle?

A write off is when it costs more to repair than the market value of the vehicle (obviously valued in the state it was in BEFORE it got mangled!)

It is frustrating... perhaps I was going a little fast for the road, but even at a much slower speed I would still have hit the kerb, although perhaps would have been able to regain control. I could go on what-if-ing all night I suppose, though.
Chris