Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT offering free telephone line installation  (Read 7232 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
BT offering free telephone line installation
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »

They're not widely publicising this, but you can get a free telephone installation from BT until 30 June, even a second line if you already have one. You have to sign up to an 18-month contract and make at least 10 calls a month. More info here.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT offering free telephone line installation
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »

Thanks roseway, I'm going to give this a bit more prominence in the hope that it does come in useful for someone.
BT do do occasionals offers like this and it does seem like a good deal.

Free BT Line Connection Special Offer

This Special Offer is available between 1st April 2009 and 30th June 2009 (inclusive) to eligible residential customers agreeing to an 18 month contract on a new line with the Unlimited Weekend Plan, the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan or the Unlimited Anytime Plan.

Customers will not be charged the current standard new line connection price of £122.50Inc. VAT.

Customers must remain on their chosen Calling Plan for 18 months from the date of purchase, and must make at least 30 chargeable or inclusive calls during every three month period, or 10 chargeable calls or inclusive calls per month if you are billed monthly.

Full details from BT Price List - Special Offer notification

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:44:02 AM »

Yea, I've already passed it on to 3 people who are currently with VM paying a total of £45+ per month.

But they are either not talking to VM properly or the operator is not listening or playing ball by reducing their price even when the adverts being dropped through letter box's clearly state the £24 offer for Phone, BB and TV is also applicable to existing customers.

I used to pay £45+ PM, then after one phone call to VM they reduced it to £24 and also threw-in 24/7 free phone (calls and line rental for 01 & 02 numbers). The only other change to my service was a lower TV package.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »

Seem to get quite quite a lot of conversions from vm to bt lines due to sky. They keep offering to pay the connection fee if people move over. The deal seems to be done when people sign up with one of sky's sales people in the shopping centres. Get them in fits and starts