Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DECT Phone  (Read 6269 times)

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
DECT Phone
« on: May 05, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

Hi, can someone recommended a DECT phone please.

This DECT phone will plug into an ATA and will be used in a home environment where a 802.11g wifi system is in place.

I understand that sometimes there can be compatibility issues between the dect and the 802.11 (even though they are not on the same frequencies) and I was trying to see what phones users had success with. The BT edge 2100 trio was a cheappy that I was contemplating.

Many thanks for any info provided.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DECT Phone
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »

I don't know the answer as I don't use wireless, but I have the feeling that BT cordless phones are better quality than most, so if I was choosing for myself then I would probably go for BT.

Eric
  Eric

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 06:18:17 PM »

I've got a Binatone Fusion which doesn't cause a problem. Was at a good price in Tesco a few months ago, but may be a discontinued model.

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 08:20:04 PM »

Astral, looks like they have them on ebay.

May I please ask how you would rate call quality? is it clear? and also is this model one with an answerphone, if so can the answerphone actually be turned off. The last DECT phone I bought which had an answerphone build in had a really irritating problem as the answerphone could not be switched off. Yes there was a menu option to turn it off but when incoming calls were received after 8 rings the call would be diverted to the answerphone (which was turned off) and the incoming call would no longer ring on the phone. if you see what I mean.

Cheers

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:42 PM »

Hi R_R

It's a 2210 model; 2 handsets with answerphone. You can deffo switch the answerphone off, cos I've never switched mine on! I have it working with an HP7210 multifunction printer/fax and a BT Business Hub wireless router. They are all in the same small room and  have no interference problems. The call quality is fine and it works at least as far as the bottom of my garden which is at least 30 metres from the base station.

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:13:34 PM »

Cheers Astral. I will have a look at that one.

Many thanks for your help

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 09:51:42 PM »

Family using BT cordless set in addition to a trusty collection of corded phones. We have the BT Studio 1500 which includes an optional answerphone and some BT studio 1000 handsets. All works fine with Wireless routers, microwaves etc. We did have some problems with previous analogue cordless phones going. I believe it was a binotone model that was useless, even in the same room away from any appliances it was crackly and noisy but the newer DECT phones seem fine. Personally I prefer my GPO746 and Converse 225 but when on the move around the place or outdoors they do the job.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »

I use a BT synergy (700 DECT) phone/ansaphone system on my connection.
I dont have any problems with it interfering with my wireless adsl connection, and reception is excellent. Ansaphone can be turned off.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker