Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cannot Log On.  (Read 3831 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Cannot Log On.
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:18:03 AM »

I have one machine (XP Pro, One administrator, and Three User settings.) That you sometimes loose the ability to log on from the welcome screen, (But you can always press "control,alt,delete" Twice), to get the network type of log on screen, then I can still log on.

Does anyone Know of any fix's for this.

Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

havelock

• Reg Member
Re: Cannot Log On.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:32:13 PM »

My installation of XP used to do this at random, never found out the reason behind it but I few malware cleanups and updating to all the latest patches  seemed to stop it happening for me.

Rgds
Havelock

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: Cannot Log On.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:18 PM »

Hi Havelock .

Hope you are well.

Re...."few malware cleanups and updating to all the latest patches  seemed to stop it happening for me."
All Patches up to date and all av / malware etc. up to date / clean.

It only seems to do it at random, you can be logged on for some time and then if you want to change user or log off yourself then try to log on as another user it will not let you from the welcome screen.

It must be those XP bugs, they are getting everywhere this year, they say its because of the mild winter and not enough hard frosts to kill them off.   ;D

Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.