Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Eclipse - A Good Service From My ISP.  (Read 3594 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Eclipse - A Good Service From My ISP.
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »

Hello All.

Well I have been satisfied with my ISP .
Now they give us up to 25 Hours of FREE Phone call a month, Now that can't be bad.

I did some on line research about ISP's and found that "Eclipse" http://www.eclipse.net.uk  are owned by "Kingston Telecommunications" near Hull (100 years old) and they are an older tele coms business than BT with there own networks and pipes, "So I was thinking this maybe a better ISP than the rest !".
Well they told me it will take 5 days to connect me (It was only 4) and I have gone on a Business product and I have been very pleased with it, I have send emails to the Technical and Customer support ( ALL English ) Not in some far off land and I can understand them !!!. and a reply comes back with in two days.
My main contact has been Dan Hall, email address=  daniel.hall(at)kcom(dot)com    he has been very helpful and seems to go out of his way to help you, he even gave me a free phone number to call him on 0800 915 5999.

It looks like I work for them (I do not) I thought It would make a change to have some good news about ISP's

Michael.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:32:21 PM by kitz »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: 25 Hrs Of Free Phone Calls And A Good Service From My ISP.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:50:16 AM »

Its always good to hear good reports about ISP experiences. :)

Eclipse was one of the ISPs I looked at in early 2003 when I first got adsl. 
Kingston took them over in Sept 2004 .
Kingston Coms was iirc at one time the only other telecoms operator in the UK aside from BT although they are limited to the Hull area, where they also have the ISP Karoo.

Its rather funny because the Hull area phones are (or were) tied to KC and I recall some users wishing they could use a *normal BT* exchange in order to give them choice of adsl ISPs, since KC has a monopoly.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker