Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: very good service  (Read 15350 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
very good service
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »

I thought I would post and tell of some very good service I have experienced. It makes such a change these days to get good service, and this recent episode has been so good that I thought to post about it.

I talk of ebuyer.............http://www.ebuyer.com/

I ordered my new chair from them at about four thirty pm yesterday...............it arrived at about ten am today.

Between four thirty pm and my shutting down at about seven pm yesterday I had from ebuyer a mail to say that my order had been received, then an hour later a further mail to say that the order was confirmed and that payment had been received.
This morning, I had a mail to say that the goods had been despatched for delivery between ten and eleven am.

It arrived spot on time...........by Parcelforce.

I would recommend this company, the service is good and they have a very wide range of product at reasonable prices, plus their address and contact details are in plain view.

I have no connection with ebuyer, and this is not spam..............just a very welcome example of very good service.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: very good service
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »

Nice to know TD,I have their regular newsletter to my inbox but as yet have not purchased off them.
Its always nice to get good customer feedback from online retailers.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »

I've been buying computer bits from EBuyer for years, and I've never had any problems with their service. Their prices are generally among the best as well. You hear the odd complaint of course, but for such a large supplier it would be peculiar if there weren't any complaints. They're first choice for me.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »

Its good to hear that you can still get good service at some places.   :)

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »

I thought I would post and tell of some very good service I have experienced. It makes such a change these days to get good service, and this recent episode has been so good that I thought to post about it.

I talk of ebuyer.............http://www.ebuyer.com/

I ordered my new chair from them at about four thirty pm yesterday...............it arrived at about ten am today.

Between four thirty pm and my shutting down at about seven pm yesterday I had from ebuyer a mail to say that my order had been received, then an hour later a further mail to say that the order was confirmed and that payment had been received.
This morning, I had a mail to say that the goods had been despatched for delivery between ten and eleven am.

It arrived spot on time...........by Parcelforce.

I would recommend this company, the service is good and they have a very wide range of product at reasonable prices, plus their address and contact details are in plain view.

I have no connection with ebuyer, and this is not spam..............just a very welcome example of very good service.  :)

As good as the service from Screwfix - ordered 9 items at 3:30pm on Sunday and delivered by Parcelforce at 10:15am Monday.  5*

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »

I've been buying computer bits from EBuyer for years, and I've never had any problems with their service. Their prices are generally among the best as well. You hear the odd complaint of course, but for such a large supplier it would be peculiar if there weren't any complaints. They're first choice for me.

I find it hard to disagree.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

jmanners

• Just arrived
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »

Interesting.

My experience, and that of the vast majority of people who have commented on ebuyer, is that they are rather unreliable and their customer service is a nightmare. I have bought many, many items from ebuyer, and mostly it all goes nicely. But when it goes wrong - it is a nightmare. You only have to read the so-called review sites to realise that.

It's all very well saying that they mostly get it right. Well just about all retailers do, or they soon go out of business. What actually counts is the level of customer service. And let's be honest here - can you *seriously* trust a company that has no email contact point ? Try reading the wikipedia article on the woes of ebuyer's customer relations.

Peace

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »

jamnners,

The only negatives I am aware of about eBuyer is that their choice of courier (City Link) weren't exactly great...

Now I believe they are now using multiple couriers i.e ParcelFarce and UPS.

I personally have always had a great service from eBuyer and when I have emailed them for support they have replied within the hour.

I have no complaints against the company...
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »

Having looked, it would appear that perhaps at some point he has had a bad time with Ebuyer. 

There could well be a valid reason for this..  or there may not be, it would be useful if we had more info for us to be able to make our own decision.

I've used ebuyer many times and things have been good...  Ive also had a recent incident when I had to return 2 items to them which were faulty (the TV's). 
I suspect that the 1st DOA was a result of the courier, but Ebuyer support handled it well and even arranged to place a new order rather than go through the full returns and delay it further.  However, it was suspicious that any negative comments on that particular TV were deleted.

Most large companies have many satisfied customers, but there will always be occasions when things go wrong, and its at that point how the company handles it that we see just how good the company is.

If jmanners has been treated badly by them, then if he explained the full circumstances then we may also be able to make an informed choice.   I have no problem if people wish to share experiences good or bad about companies... as long as its valid.. and its well constructed and without bad language.

----
PS Ebuyer dont have email - but they do have phone contact which in my experience has always been answered promptly.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

PS Ebuyer dont have email - but they do have phone contact which in my experience has always been answered promptly.

Sorry I meant the eNotes thingy that they use on the website...
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »

Admin note

certain posts have been removed due to personal insults being traded.
-----

anything