Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ST585v6 Help Required  (Read 3113 times)

18days

• Just arrived
ST585v6 Help Required
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »

Hi all, first post here.

I have a ST585v6 which is still part locked as an AOL router. I have managed to unlock the tools section within the GUI, however i am unable to downgrade the firmware so that it is tweakable via DMT.

If anyone knows if it is possible to downgrade an aol router, please assist.

I would also like a little more assistance if possible regrading the info below if possible.

I was getting lots of log outs on my router see this post on  thinkbroadband http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/showflat.php?Board=security&Number=3559867

so i changed the below, but i have now managed to lock myself out of the webgui & telnet locally. Please help me to log in locally again.

Thanks....also any advise on downgrading the firmware would be cool. I get the not compatible error message on the wizard.

service system ipadd name HTTP ip my current ip
 service system ipadd name HTTPs ip my current ip
 service system ipadd name TELNET ip  0.0.0.0-192.168.1.254

------------------------------------------------------------

Allow remote access to the Web Interface or Telnet

Users that want to remotely manage their routers either through the GUI or via telnet can.
First create a user as above, this gives that user privilege to manage remotely, then telnet to the router. **

service system ifadd name HTTP group wan
 service system ifadd name HTTPs group wan
 service system ifadd name TELNET group wan

This of course opens the router up to anyone on the internet. To secure access to an IP or range of IP's type the following. **

service system ipadd name HTTP ip 212.23.9.250
 service system ipadd name HTTPs ip 82.69.227.30/29
 service system ipadd name TELNET ip 212.23.9.250-212.23.9.259

If locking down to IP, remember that it takes effect immediately. If you are connected to the router via telnet from the local network and you lock telnet down to a WAN IP you will be instantly disconnected and be unable to connect from anywhere other than the WAN IP specified. **Make sure to add the IP you are currently connected from first**.

orainsear

• Reg Member
Re: ST585v6 Help Required
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »

The easiest way to get your local access back is to simply use the reset button to return the router to it's original settings and then set it up again from scratch.

Flashing an AOL locked speedtouch to standard firmware cannot be achieved simply using the normal methods; it requires some knowledge of soldering and the construction of a jtag cable; it's not straightforward and could easily brick your router.