Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: itunes issue  (Read 4087 times)

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
itunes issue
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »

Seasons Greetings to all.

I have a problem relating to itunes and more specifically to the itunes store. When the store loads up, there are a lot of broken links on the page where images should be (65-70% broken links). Refreshing the page reduces the broken links by a few.

I have 3 pcs which have various versions of itunes and they all have the same issue. These clients are all wireless.

My next door neighbour kindly allowed me to piggy back on his wireless connection and when I do this, the itunes store opens as it should with no broken links at all. This problem began on my pcs less than a week ago.

Prior to using my neighbours wireless, I did try to change my router (put in the backup) with the same results. I also tried connecting one of the wireless itunes pcs directly to the router (ethernet cable) and the problem remained.

I spoke with my isp since from the results above, it is clear that my pcs are fine. My isp said that he had no issues gaining access to the itunes stores and that it displayed with no broken links.

I did ask my ISP whether the issue relating to the recently damaged submarine cables could be the root cause of the problem but he did not know, though he said it might be a possibility.

This is all very odd. My isp has no issues with broken links on the itunes store. When using my neighbours wireless (same exchange, different isp) equally there are no issues but I now have issues whereas less than a week ago all was fine ie mon-15-dec it was definitely working.

I have tried to search for this and have noted on the itunes forum some who have very recently posted about the same issue but there have been no replies to those posts.

So your starter for 10 does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed (excluding migration).

Many thanks for any info provided

Cheers

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: itunes issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:04 PM »

Hi,

Ok

It is best you make sure that all the PCs (or at least one) has the latest version of iTunes installed.

If updating to the latest iTunes doesn't work, see the next step...

Also, connect the machine with the latest iTunes on it to your router using ethernet, to rule out the wireless being an issue.

Also, what Internet Security software/anti-virus/firewall are you using?

If you need the latest iTunes, see here:-
http://filehippo.com/download_itunes/

Let me know how you get on :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »

Also, connect the machine with the latest iTunes on it to your router using ethernet, to rule out the wireless being an issue.

My 3 wireless clients which have itunes on them can connect to the itunes store without issue when I use my neighbours wireless connection. So realistically it is difficult to accept that itunes is the issue here especially as all the itunes versions are different.

If you read my post you will note that I said
I did try to change my router (put in the backup) with the same results. I also tried connecting one of the wireless itunes pcs directly to the router (ethernet cable) and the problem remained.

Also all the pc use different combinations of av and fw.

Cheers

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »

Ok so what is your ISP?

I had this issue a while back and it was being caused by McAfee. But as you have tried with your neighbours connection the answer would point to your ISP as you have pointed out...

Maybe Kitz will have some idea or advice on where to go on this one?

Sorry I cannot be of anymore help :)

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Jamie

Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

anything