Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: HP Multi Function Inkjet Bargain  (Read 62377 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: HP Multi Function Inkjet Bargain
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

Do they realise who they are dealing with?

THE POWER OF THE KITZ SITE .

bad publicity will cost them dear.
zen user

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »

Naw I think its more likely that they got a rollicking from Trading Standards ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »

Got an offer today from play.com

Thank you for your email following the communications you have recently received from Jersey Trading Standards Office. 

We have discussed this matter with Trading Standards and we are satisfied that the steps we took were in line with our Terms and Conditions of business.  However, I do understand that this situation may have caused you some disappointment and as a result we would like to offer you a £50 voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

I have attached below the electronic voucher code to the value of £50 which can be used against a product of your choice from our website. You'll be prompted to enter the voucher code at the time of checkout at which point the amount will be deducted from your shopping basket 

Once again, please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction you have experienced as a result of this issue and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.

Right now I'm mulling over my options.

Even with the discount, this particular item is more than my budget. £149.99-£50 = £99.99
Offers on the same printer elsewhere now seem to have vanished, and the cheapest I can find the same printer for is Amazon @ £127.22

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »

Try this one from them:
http://tinyurl.com/68pusm
Always liked HP All-in-one and with your voucher you will should get a 1d change.  ;D
dave

Edit!
If it only lasts a couple of years you could always say "Well! It didn't cost me anything!".  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:43:40 PM by dave.m »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »

Or this one which is the one I have, and includes the capability to print directly from camera memory cards.

(although it's temporarily out of stock)
  Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »

Got an offer today from play.com

Thank you for your email following the communications you have recently received from Jersey Trading Standards Office. 

We have discussed this matter with Trading Standards and we are satisfied that the steps we took were in line with our Terms and Conditions of business.  However, I do understand that this situation may have caused you some disappointment and as a result we would like to offer you a £50 voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

I have attached below the electronic voucher code to the value of £50 which can be used against a product of your choice from our website. You'll be prompted to enter the voucher code at the time of checkout at which point the amount will be deducted from your shopping basket 

Once again, please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction you have experienced as a result of this issue and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.

Right now I'm mulling over my options.

Even with the discount, this particular item is more than my budget. £149.99-£50 = £99.99
Offers on the same printer elsewhere now seem to have vanished, and the cheapest I can find the same printer for is Amazon @ £127.22

Not the best of solutions, but probably the best you are going to get from them.  Go for the one suggested by Dave and so get a couple of years free printing courtesy of Play.com

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

Been busy with family stuff the past couple of days so not had chance to do anything further and other things took priority.

I did look at the £49.99 HP one the other day, but decided there were a couple of things about that particular spec that I didnt like. 
I also saw the one eric mentioned and then noticed it was out of stock.
I think there was an epson one that also looked reasonable, but for some reason  I dunno :/

The one I had my eye on was the Cannon one.. link I'd have to put £19.99 to it, but I like some of the specs on it which seemed quite good.
Ive had cannon printers (all be it a long time ago now) in the past, but they went for years, did all my college stuff and was passed down to my daughter.
There isnt many 'people' reviews as its not long been out, but the tech reviews seemed Ok.

I was going to research the ink cost - but it seems like its only been out a couple of months and theres not yet any compatibles.  However the genuine Cannon refill multipack pack was £17.99 where I normally get my ink from, which I didnt think was too bad for genuines.. 

I did draw up a list the other day, but never got chance to do anything about it, and a very unexpected bill/expense of over £200 made me put things on the back-burner. :/   and I never got much futher to reseach if you could refill yourself;)

My requirements list was

- All in one printer/scanner/copier
- Would like it to be able to print direct from memory card/memory stick would be also useful if it could scan to memory stick.
- Decent print speed
- Decent resolution
- Good price for refills/ ink useage.
- 2 paper feed trays would be useful.

Not essential - but black/silver would be nice since all my other equipment is.
-----

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »

I've had a Canon IP5200 forabout a year now and it's a cracker. It's not an all-in-one of course but it indicates the quality perhaps. I was concerned that the cartridges were so expensive but I have only ever bought one genuine chipped cart in an emergency and other than that I have always used non gen ones without chips. I've never had a problem with them and swapping the chips is dead easy. After you've done a couple you could almost do it blindfold. I exaggerate of course but don't be put off by the thought of it.
Tony

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »

hmmm.. damn...  just looked at the link again, the other day I thought it was add another £20, but now its another £29.99...  and this time I dont know if its my memory that is wrong or if play have changed prices again.

I havent looked into replacing chips, but I believe with most cannons they do at least allow you to 'over-ride' the software and turn off ink monitoring if you refill youself - but obviously you do so at your own risk. blah blah
-----

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »

Play.com are at it again!  I saw this http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/6404900/Sony-USM-8GJUM-Microvault-Ultra-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

but when I first looked it was only £7.99 inc delivery.  Now it is showing at £36.99, but note the reviews below that sopeak of a price of £10 and £10.99.

Seems another visit from trading standards wouldn't go amiss!

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »

I also saw the Sony 4GB this morning for £5 delivered,now £12.99  >:(.This practice needs stopping,its becoming too regular to be a mistake.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/5341884/Sony-USM4GJB-Micro-Vault-Ultra-Black-4-GB-USB2-0-Flash-Drive/Product.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]