Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: HP Multi Function Inkjet Bargain  (Read 62319 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: HP Multi Function Inkjet Bargain
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »

Thats a good point Rizla.I like yourself will only order from Amazon direct.I have bought loads of stuff in the past from Play.com and it has always been directly from them.They should as you point out be more up front about third party sellers.

I am just sorry it went pear shaped for Kitz,as it was me that posted the link in the first place.  :(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »

I guess that's another example of the old adage that if something looks too good to be true then it probably is :(
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

>> of having third-party traders selling from their website

Funny enough I only noticed that earlier today when I was looking for their T+Cs.

I happened to notice they do ticket resellers too..   
Those are another type of person that gets on my nerves.
When a band goes on tour and you try like mad to try and get tickets and wonder how the hell they sell out so damn quick.. when you know you were online at the dot of the time they first go on sale. - linky

Then you see about 300 of them up for sale on Ebay later for about 4-5 times the face value.
All it does is vastly inflate the prices for people who really want to see them... and probably means that many true fans can't afford to see them.
IMHO its wrong that they make more from the tickets than the group does.
* kitz hates money grabbing bar stewards.   :angry:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 02:09:08 PM »

Poor unkyUb, his worthwhile links to bargains have in part gone awry lately.

Fear not unkyUB, not your fault............. you posted in very good faith......not at all your fault that the site made such an error.

Keep posting...............one of these days it'll come right.  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »

UB - dont worry about it - I dont blame you in the slightest..   I need a new scanner and it fit the bill what Im looking for and was a good deal.

Perhaps with hindsite now, I should have realised that perhaps it was too good to be true.. but having recently ordered some other items from play as xmas pressies that were a genuine very good price, I just assumed this was another of their offers and no reason to doubt that it wasnt a mistake by Play.com
I'm not sure when they cancelled the order, because on Sat it was at the posting stage.  I didnt check the status yesterday so Im not sure how far mine got.

Please Please dont stop posting the offers because of this incident.  There are many other good deals that you have posted.
I'm well chuffed that I sorted out my Bro's xmas pressie with this offer that you posted. - linky.

:hug:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.  :)

I am always on the look out for a good deal and if I find one and its appropiate I like to think the guys on here can benefit too.
Since I have been on this forum the information I have picked up has been invaluable to me and its just my way of trying to give something back.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »

Kitz is quite right - your bargain hunts are appreciated. But that doesn't mean that you get out of going to the NC for your other transgressions ;D
  Eric

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

I am always on the look out for a good deal and if I find one and its appropiate I like to think the guys on here can benefit too.

Just don't tell Kitz that the 8GB Sandisks are now down another two quid to £9.99
http://tinyurl.com/53t9nc

dave  >:D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

Now this is taking the pee...  Just this min got this

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for the Hewlett Packard (HP) C7280 Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with this item at the incorrectly advertised price. We have arranged for the order to be cancelled and a refund of the amount charged has been processed to your credit/debit card.

If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of £259.99 please use the link below:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3476493/-/Product.html?searchstring=Hewlett+Packard+(HP)+C7280+Wireless+&searchsource=0

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

They're having a laugh surely.
They cocked up..  and now they are offering to sell it to me at a rip off price of £259.99...  when its on sale at other places for half that price!

Fair enough make a mistake with the pricing..  but then offer it to me at a vastly over priced amount - that has annoyed me.  :thumbdown:
They can go take a running frigging jump. 
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »

Just don't tell Kitz that the 8GB Sandisks are now down another two quid to £9.99
http://tinyurl.com/53t9nc

dave  >:D

T'is ok dave I got the 16GB PNY ones, which have the nice swivel case so you cant loose the cap, like I normally do.

Its still a very good deal and even on ebay theyre currently going for £30.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »

Kitz is quite right - your bargain hunts are appreciated. But that doesn't mean that you get out of going to the NC for your other transgressions ;D

Nice to know I'm chastised wanted.  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »

They're having a laugh surely.
They cocked up..  and now they are offering to sell it to me at a rip off price of £259.99...  when its on sale at other places for half that price!

Fair enough make a mistake with the pricing..  but then offer it to me at a vastly over priced amount - that has annoyed me.  :thumbdown:
They can go take a running frigging jump. 

Update on this.

As some of you may have guessed their 'Newsletter' informing me of the cancellation with the offer to purchase at the vastly inflated price of £259.99 really got my goat.

Prior to the £54.99 price - play were selling the item at £149.99. They then cancel my order and offer it me for £259.99 (despite the fact that other retailers are selling it at half this price).
This to me wasnt on.. if play had made a mistake, then they should at least offer the printer at a reduced price and not try to rip people off by offering it at twice the price of elsewhere and much more than their normal selling price.

Since I last posted in this thread, Play.com debited my bank account with the £54.99 which now brings things to a different light from their T+Cs which state

34: Credit and Debit cards are debited on the day of shipping by Play.com.

36: Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Play.com has received payment in full for that product.

I had fired off an email to play.com but have received no reply, neither have I yet received a refund.

Today the price on the website is back at £149.99, which is bad news for anyone that ordered one, then got suckered in by their mail to re-order at £259.99 and now makes the whole episode look like a scam. Even if they made a mistake they should not try to gain funds by then selling the wrongly priced item at an over the odds price.

This isnt the first time that play have made mistakes with their pricing and then offered a poor cop out. As such I yesterday forwarded a letter of complaint to Trading Standards to which I received the following response.

I am currently is discussion with Play in relation to their terms and
conditions and hope to get back to you by the end of this week with our
opinion and appropriate advice.

I dont know if it will get anywhere, but I can but try..  and at least it may make play be a bit more careful about what they are doing.
-----

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

If you contact them again why not link to this thread and 'point out' the bad publicity that they are getting on a "World Reknown Web Site".

dave

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

If you contact them again why not link to this thread and 'point out' the bad publicity that they are getting on a "World Renown Web Site".

dave
May I suggest that you wait a reasonable time for delivery first, then if no delivery "give em hell"

However, I was am under the impression that the law states that once payment has been received and "accepted" the deal is done.
So by them taking £54.99 they have accepted that as being the asking price, and not £149.99 or £259.99

UB,
Please keep them coming, doddering old fxxxs like me can never seem to spot all these deals.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 09:40:18 PM »

Thats about the crux of it... and it is indeed what the law states.

Plays delay in amending the error and waiting until over 48 hours later before cancelling has impacted on this.
A little bit of searching seems to have shown that quite a few people ordered this and everyones order was progressing nicely and had gone through the order stage, then on to the packaging and even posted stage.

From what Ive seen on another site, some idiot phoned up the day after the offer to query, at which point he was kept on hold for a while, whilst someone checked.

It was soon after that some started seeing stages being halted, mine was one of those that got to the 'posted' stage and had been processed.  Play were definitely messing manually with the orders 2 days later trying to adjust records.
Wish I'd screen capped some of it.   God knows how they managed to get back all those that had got 'posted'.   Can you imagine someone also frantically rushing out to the Post Office or which ever courier they use to get them all back?

In the past when theres been a mistake, theyve normally pretty quickly rectified it and/ or reversed transactions.  Thats fine, I can understand that mistakes do sometimes get made.
The difference in this particular case is the long delay and how far it got in the process.. and its why I believe that in the end Kodak had to honour their famous error.

Plays handling of this is very poor, and the offer of buying at the rip off price of £259.99 is very bad considering is was previously £149.99 (and is today) is what truly irked me.

So we shall see.
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5