Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Improving terminal box wiring? MK. 2  (Read 11639 times)

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Re: Improving terminal box wiring? MK. 2
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »

There must have been an issue with your wiring
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But better still was
Yes indeed there was... I  wonder how that got fixed 
   :angel: :angel: :angel::lol: :lol: :lol:

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 04:55:48 PM »

only just looked at this string, thats an rf2 alright, funny enough i finaly got round to compairing the attenuation added by an rf2 whilst testing a dsl signal at the exchange yesterday, turned out to be 37.5db I would replace an rf2 with an rf3 as I wouldn;t nessasaraly know why the rf was fitted in the first place and if the interference source still there. by-passing the coils by terminating the drop wire into the idc (white connectors) would solve the rf issue as far as dsl is concerned.

the only other thing about your piccy is the green/black second pair on the drop wire are "coiled back". that is coiled around the cable for neatness. This is an old tidy practice but dates back before data bit rate transmission to todays speeds and now a no-no. I would suggest carefully un coil them from around the cable. It dosn't usually cause a problem but it can leave you more venerable to noise issues and if done enough at both ends can cause "reflections" which can crop up in the error rate.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:38:45 PM by Ezzer »

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »

the only other thing about your piccy is the green/black second pair on the drop wire are "coiled back". that is coiled around the cable for neatness. This is an old neat practice but dayes back before data bit rate transmission to todays speeds and now a no-no.

Interesting (to me as a non-comms expert anyway!) Thanks for yet another little gem of info :)
Chris
Pages: 1 [2]

anything