Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Master Socket Advice?  (Read 11957 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Master Socket Advice?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »

No, what I was trying to say is it is difficult to avoid BTs wiring when you have the old type Master socket.
Ah, misread.  ???
But surely the point is that installing an NTE5A legally you only touch BT's wires once, as opposed to every time you make a change. They're not going to complain. :angel:

orainsear

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »

Exensions shouldn't be wired into that old style master socket.  With that set up (the old style master socket) there should also be a slave socket too which is where all the extensions are wired.  Personally I'd not mess around and get that socket replaced with a new NTE5.  As it's technically illegal to be opening up that master socket I'd argue to the line provider that it needs replacing as you cannot put your own wiring in. 

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »

Exensions shouldn't be wired into that old style master socket.  With that set up (the old style master socket) there should also be a slave socket too which is where all the extensions are wired.  Personally I'd not mess around and get that socket replaced with a new NTE5.  As it's technically illegal to be opening up that master socket I'd argue to the line provider that it needs replacing as you cannot put your own wiring in. 

Yes, but how are BT going to know I put the wires in recently? Extensions had been hard wired beforehand, the engineer who came said the socket was fine and didn't need replacing!
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

"So long and thanks for all the fish"

You know the options.  :-X

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

What is the point in asking for advice when you don't listen to it .There are guys on here who have told you the correct legal way to go about it, yet you are still not listening.  :no:

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »

What is the point in asking for advice when you don't listen to it .There are guys on here who have told you the correct legal way to go about it, yet you are still not listening.  :no:

I can't just magic a BT engineer to my house mind ;)

As I said, I will ring Tiscali some time in the next week.

Thanks for all of your advice guys.

Lock this thread before I get any more stick from anyone please.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »

Yes, and I want to make it clear (again) that you will get no support from this forum for illegally meddling with BT's property. Thread locked.
  Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]