Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DMT V7  (Read 3258 times)

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
DMT V7
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

Hallo all
Something peculiar has developed with DMT V7 that I use to monitor my ST546. I have been doing this for some time running DMT after I boot up the PC and letting it sit minimised so that I can see sync speed and noise at any time I suspect there is a problem. This has worked well for months but just recently often if I maximise DMT from the task bar it is not connected to the router anymore. A quick click on "Connect" and all is well. This is without any changes to sync speed or rebooting. I can't think of any actions I've taken recently or new prog installs and whilst it doesn't affect my download speed at all, I'm curious as to why it has started happening. Any ideas folks? I suppose the next step would be to reinstall DMT but it seems to be working fine when it's connected.
Tony

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DMT V7
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »

It's some time since I've used DMT, but isn't there an option in it to time out after a specified period?
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »

It's some time since I've used DMT, but isn't there an option in it to time out after a specified period?

Yes - good thinking. :)

The option is under
> Special

Check the
> SNR monitoring duration
and
> Keep Alive Intervals

Keep alive should be fairly low - since iirc telnet sessions in the STs often time out after about 5 mins by default. Try 60 or 90 seconds.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »

I had thoughts of that myself and the time out time was set at 90 secs  (by default, I believe). I have just changed it to 60 secs and we'll see if it improves. Otherwise I'll reinstall which is very easy. I just wondered if anyone had experienced this funny. Thank you both for responding.
Tony

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »

Not experienced it myself tony... so dont know why this could have suddenly occured.

DMT doesn actually "install" - its a standalone exe without adding anything to your system files so it can be deleted by simply binning the folder.
It does have a config file though where it keeps all your settings... called something like DMT.ini which should be in the same folder.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:29:22 AM »

My family often tell me I'm losing it and I have just proved it! The problem with DMT is resolved . I had switched "automatic DSL monitoring" off inadvertently. Incidentally the labelling of the buttons is not entirely unambiguous with "off" shown in bold in the on condition which is my excuse for not noticing it. Since I had "Activate auto DSL monitoring on switch on" ticked this meant it stayed on for a short time each time I reconnected. Sorry to have bothered "the brains" of this forum for my finger trouble.
Tony

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »

nps.... just glad you found out what it was :)
-----