Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PMs and emails  (Read 5497 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
PMs and emails
« on: September 14, 2008, 11:49:21 AM »

If you have a problem please feel free to post your query on the forums.

Over the past couple of months I've had a large amount of requests for help via e-mail or PM, and as much as I would like to be able to, I cannot help everybody personally.

This forum's aim is to help as many people as possible, and many other visitors to the forum may well benefit from having the problem and resolution posted in public rather than via email/PM. Also by drawing upon the experience of some of the other forum members, it is very possible that someone else may have an idea that might not have occurred to me, which may help you get the issue resolved sooner.

The forum has some very technically skilled members who give their time freely and whose  presence I value greatly.  The beauty of forums is the meeting of minds and quite often its suggestions from various people and sources that help resolve the problem.

This problem was exacerbated recently after a few days break and on my return I found myself trying to play catch-up and sitting morning til night answering questions, and Ive still not managed to respond to them all :/
Particularly depressing were certain requests which more or less demanded answers.
Please remember and respect that I don't get paid to do this and the site is something I maintain in my own time.

If you were one of the people who contacted me personally I apologise if I didn't reply and for my own sanity I'm going to have to start afresh otherwise I feel I will be playing catchup for ever.  If you have a question please post it in the open forums where I am willing to continue to try and help you there, but I'm afraid that whilst I would like to be able to, I can no longer continue to assist people personally via mail/PM.

Obviously queries regarding the site should continue to be directed to the address at the bottom of the main site.

Thank you. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: PMs and emails
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »

Can I please remind people of this. It really isn't fair to expect Kitz (or anyone else) to give private advice via PMs. That's what the forum is for, and everyone can benefit from the discussion. If you've sent Kitz a PM and haven't received an answer, it's because she's already up to her ears in maintaining and improving the site. Thank you all.
  Eric

anything