Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A game with a chance to win £500 prize every month  (Read 57504 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: A game with a chance to win £500 prize every month
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »

Quite obviously, behind the scenes, we can see the progress each participant makes (the whole reason for the game) and the winner played around 30+ games until they got the winning score.  A pattern is emerging - there seem to be 2 "hurdles" around levels 26 and 68 where changes in complexity are catching people out.  It is all a case of associations of the various symbols and how the player interprets them.  In our analysis we have demonstrated that certain cognitive challenges are beyond some players - others sail right through.  The aim in the final security product is to make the cognitive challenge low but maintain the level of security.

Thanks for playing and helping us with our demographic testing - and keep trying, the prize might be coming to you!

PS - several kind electronics equipment manufacturers have agreed to sponsor games next year - so keep a lookout for games consoles and other goodies as additional prizes.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »

I meant to have another go sooner..  but I'd not been near the PC for the past couple of days.. and only remembered very late late night, so I dunno if I managed to catch Octobers or not.

The numbers Im normally fine with - years of processing on a numeric (rather than alpha numeric keypad).. even though I slip up on occasions due to the PC numeric keypad being "upside down" to what I used to use.  (I think I did that on one of my strikes).

I think the one that seems to catch me out is the lizard.. and of course I get slower as the game progresses  due to having to scan more shapes.

>> the winner played around 30+ games until they got the winning score

I havent played it that many times..  probably half a dozen.. so Ive got a long way to go yet  :lol:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »

The game leader at the moment seems to be a notable member of this forum - well done and keep it up!

Go over to www.pinoptic-challenge.com and see - or maybe beat him to the prize?   >:D

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 12:13:09 PM »

I've not spotted this one before, excellent game

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »

>> or maybe beat him to the prize?

Or even beat HER :)

PS Keep it up Kitz!

Eric

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 07:13:10 PM »

>> or maybe beat him to the prize?

Or even beat HER :)

PS Keep it up Kitz!

OOOOPS!  Am I forgiven as a newbie?

Interesting though - all winners to date have been women - there must be some scientific evidence for our cognitive testing gurus there.

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »

"all winners to date have been women

That's a good omen kitz, go for it :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 01:01:53 AM »

I think the one thats on there must be the one that I missed for Oct,  and did just after midnight, since thats the only one Ive played this month.

Will have another go again - but not now -  Ive had 'a glass of wine' :D

>> Am I forgiven as a newbie?

Youre forgiven.. its a common mistake encountered by me  for the past 10 years on the Internet and Im well used to it (hence the signature). ;)
Funny enough I dont have the same problem in r/l  :lol:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »

I reset the game around midnight, but due to an "undocumented feature" the system didn't log as a "win" the games for the first hour of the new session.  Found the errant code and slapped the developer  ;)  Naturally, your game has now been recorded as leader so far.

We are getting some very good data for our cognitive testing analysis - the whole reason for running the game.

Winners to date have been in London, Toronto and Vienna and players have been from 23 countries - a good demographic for testing a product that will serve a global audience.

I am in Riga, Latvia next Friday doing a workshop for Baltic bank IT security people - 150 in all.  This is because they acknowledge that Chip N Pin is cracked - we offer them Chip N PIC in a similar fashion to the game.

Keep playing - the prizes are going to get more valuable next year with several items from manufacturers who have appeared on BBC Click and the QVC tech shopping channel.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »

"all winners to date have been women

That's a good omen kitz, go for it :)

Seems that after multiple plays, "somebody" is ahead of Kitz - Mindie - who can that be?   ;)

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

I hope it's okay but I've spread it round my extensive family, we're all clicking like mad at the moment

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »

Mind?  I am ecstatic!   ;D  The more people play, the better results we get for our analysis.  Please, please, tell as many people as you can - we need a large demographic (global if possible) to test our security system in the background.  Have a look at my first post at the head of the thread and that explains all.

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »

I've sent it as a suggestion for game of the week at the MSE site, since you said you want lots of players.  I expect you to be inundated if they choose it :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »

Thank you so much - you're a star.   :thumbs:

We have also donated a version of the game to both the Alzheimers and Parkinsons Societies to help their members with cognitive exercises.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »

Now the chapess has moved ahead - is it turning into a grudge match between fudgem and kitz?   ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

anything