Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attenuation and noise  (Read 8297 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Attenuation and noise
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 12:53:14 PM »

yw - please do let us know how it goes - it should be very simple for them to sort :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldgeezer

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »

Hello again Katz. I received this e-mail a short while ago:-

"Thank you for contacting Tiscali Technical Support.

I understand from your email that you are experiencing slow speed than what you are expecting.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. I have refreshed the network settings for your account and I assure you that the issue will be resolved at the earliest.

Please logoff from the internet and restart your computer. After restarting please try to connect and check the speed you are getting.

I hope the above information will help you to resolve the issue. Please feel free to contact is if you have any further concern."

I have done as suggested and am getting mixed results from different uk speed test sites. However the maximum has been 2958Kbps download and a minimum of 1738Kbps. (Pevious download max of under 960 Kbps)! The upload has been a constant 703Kbps regardless of test site.

I am so pleased that I got in touch and also that you the experts took the time and effort to pass on your knowledge. I am sure that your proforma letter did the trick and the fact that I was able to offer Tiscali some meaninful stats that I previously didn't even know were available. All in all not a bad result for you eh? javascript:void(0);
Many thanks, Oldgeezer.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:57 PM »

>> I have refreshed the network settings for your account
>> Please logoff from the internet and restart your computer.

Excellent.
That means that theyve applied a new account profile in their systems, a reconnect is required to pick up this type of profile change. 

>> However the maximum has been 2958Kbps download and a minimum of 1738Kbps.

Hmm.. not so good :(
Although theyve obviously lifted the 1Mb cap you are still not getting the full 8Mb speeds that you should be getting.
Your upstream is fine and indicates that youre on Tiscali LLU, But which profile theyve put you on now I dont know. - They also have several more.

I would continue to monitor for a short while and see if you can see any pattern and get back to them again.
Try keeping with just one speedtester for a while - Thinkbroadbands is normally pretty accurate.  You can also create a login and they will graph your results for you too.

If it doesnt improve then its back to Tiscali again Im afraid. 
They may say you need to wait 10 days whilst your line settles in..  but tbh this shouldnt be required on your account since youve already been syncing at the higher speeds anyhow.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything