Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tech Support  (Read 3235 times)

timp

• Reg Member
Tech Support
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »

Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop."
Customer: "Ok."
Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?"Customer: "No."
Tech Support: "Ok. Right click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"
Customer: "No."
Tech Support: "Ok, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up until this point?"
Customer: "Sure, you told me to write 'click' and I wrote click'."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Tech Support
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:42:51 AM »

doh  :doh:

:D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Cockle

• Just arrived
  • avast ye lubbers!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

you may laugh....

my brother told me a story way back when he was in the RAF... at the time, PC's were just coming into use 'en masse' in the RAF and altho the lads were using them they hadnt really had any training in how to use them...

one of the guys in the section where he worked applied for and went on a 'Basic Computing' course.........

it turned out it was VERY basic indeed... ie... this is a monitor... this is a keyboard etc... he groaned to himself, hell, i was expecting something a little more than this...

sat next to him was a soldier, the course was Tri-service, and this poor guy obviously needed the VERY basic course... the instructor told them all that if you moved the mouse side to side the pointer on the screen would do the same... the soldier did this and lol and behoild... result!!! it did indeed move side to side... next they were instructed to move the mouse up and down and the pointer of course would do the same..

Hey mate said the soldier, mines not working....

yes, youve guessed it.... he was lifting the mouse about 6" in the air above the mat..... :doh:
....and remember, there is no more important safety rule than to wear these (tap tap) safety glasses :Norm Abrahm 2005

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:53 PM »

>> yes, youve guessed it.... he was lifting the mouse about 6" in the air above the mat..... 
Posted on: December 01, 2006, 12:42:51 amPosted by: kitz 

classic.  :lol:

Must say though I think some of us forget just how hard it seems for some people to get into the swing of things in computing.

Last xmas my dads surprise pressie was a PC which was built from some old parts that I had lying around and a bit of last minute help from chris when a certain part supplier let us down.

It makes you realise that some people just automatically understand the term "drag and drop", copy, paste etc etc :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker