Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Free Powerdown Plugs and LE Light Bulbs.  (Read 16048 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Free Powerdown Plugs and LE Light Bulbs.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »

Understood, yes that would be a bit of a waste of money.

However, one other solution could be is to fit dimmer switch's, because most light bulbs actually blow when the switch is initially turned on and just happens to be at it's peak voltage.
Whereas dimmer switches even-out and even lower the pulses, thus stopping the surge resulting in the lamps lasting longer.

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: Free Powerdown Plugs and LE Light Bulbs.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »

Two of the sets of three lights are on separate dimmers and because we have an uplighter and also a small table lamp in the same room (both with LE bulbs) we hardly ever use the two ceiling lights with the SES golfballs.

As for the other two sets, one is in the hall and is used when we are going out at night and the fourth one is in the kitchen/diner and is used probably once a week. So no big deal about the amount of power they comsume. It just bugged me when they announced that the government were going to make companies stop production of incandesant bulbs in the near future to make everyone use LE bulbs.

It's a bit like the recycling where they will take extra rubbish in boxes etc if it is recycle stuff but they cannot lift extra rubbish on alternate weeks if it is rubbish to dump.

You WILL do as we say or be without light and be up to your eyes with rubbish.

Sorry, don't get me started about governments and councils.

dave
Pages: 1 [2]

anything