Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Digital Camera  (Read 4775 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
Digital Camera
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

My Fuji Finepix took it's last pictures about a week ago and then completely died on me. It was a freeby which came with a HP printer package about four years ago and having taken all the almost 1000 pics that are on my puter it hasn't cost me much.
Looked on Argos yesterday because we need a camera for our trip to Canada in October, and saw this:
http://tinyurl.com/6ptqmx
I was a bit wary as it was £160 reduced to £60, but checking Google there are no critical reports of it, and it was reduced to about that price at other places. Must be newer models out and they want them shifted. So we went today to pick up the one that I reserved last night and the Manager decided to get the daughter one too.
Got it home and put a SD card in and it is fine.
Pleased with the bargain.
dave

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Digital Camera
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »

Looks a good price Dave,I think there is only Argos stock Hitachi.Spec looks decent and the beauty of it is it takes AA batteries,so even in Canada you can swap them easily. :).
Canada eh,I was fortunate to visit back in the 90's.I used to Have an auntie and uncle who lived in Hamilton(about 1 hours drive from Toronto).Great country,have you been before?

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 05:58:37 PM »

The family that we are going to stay with are my wife's niece and her husband and two children. He used to work for BAe at Warton near Blackpool and they emigrated about 20 years ago. He was 'headhunted' by Bell Helicopters whilst there and asked to go to Fort Erie to manage a project that was being done by an outside contractor. We went over three times and I loved the Country. Spent many happy times at Niagara By The lake and at the Falls.
They then went out to South Korea for about six years, still for Bell. We did not go out there but my daughter did.
Then they spent four years in Poland where we were often popping over to see them.
They are now at Montreal and supposedly settled for good.

Will post some pics when we get back.
dave 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

Looks a good deal.

ooh Canada - dont let the brat hear you're going else she will be stowing herself away in your suitcase :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything