Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The future's...... Orange?  (Read 2152 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
The future's...... Orange?
« on: June 03, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »

According to todays Guardian, Oranges' new Chief Executive is soon to announce a strategy for reviving the mobile phone and broadband company.

The infamous "The future's bright, the future's Orange", will be going...  as will likely several hundred UK jobs, although it is expected to increase call-centre staff.

Source

Alexander, a former boss of Virgin Mobile who joined Orange late last year, plans to cut costs by axing several hundred managers from a workforce of 12,500 and increasing call-centre staff to improve customer service. There will also be a major advertising push over the summer.

In an email to staff yesterday, Alexander characterised his new plans as "The Agenda". He said: "There's a lot of change planned in order to put us back where we belong - at the top of our game."

One of the company's biggest problems is its broadband business. In a booming UK broadband market, it has been losing customers to existing players such as TalkTalk and new entrants such as BSkyB. Orange had 1.142 million broadband customers in September, 1.138 million at the end of the year and 1.107 million in March.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: The future's...... Orange?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:45:16 PM »

Orange had 1.142 million broadband customers in September, 1.138 million at the end of the year and 1.107 million in March.

Keep going at that rate and I will be very elite!

Please note! I will not expect you to bow when I enter the room, just call me cur Sir.

Sir dave  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: The future's...... Orange?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »

lol - just think of all that bandwidth you could have to yourself  :lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything