Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Printer Ink  (Read 6691 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Printer Ink
« on: May 30, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »

I ordred a cartridge for my Hp printer yesterday @ 7am,the postman brought it this morning.It came from a site in Guernsey.I find that spot on service.The price was the cheapest I could find and free Delivery.I had not used them before,but will do so again no problem.

www.justinkandpaper.com

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Printer Ink
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »

Not really IT related, but this week I just received my first purchase from www.dvd.co.uk and enclosed was a £40-off voucher to spend online with Virgin Wines... not only that the DVD was half the price that both HMV and play.com were offering it at. 

So as a proud Yorkshireman, I can declare that was 6 quid bloody well spent!
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »

Alas, I installed my compatible cartridges in my printer last night, and found them not compatible at all.  The printer refused to work with them, I put the old ones back in and managed to squeeze enough ink out to do the job I wanted. 

This is by no means the first time I have been lured by cheap ink, but it will definitely be the last :no:

Edited to say I just looked at your link, and it is £4 cheaper for the genuine article than I have found anywhere else, I might just give them a try
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:17:47 PM by fudgem »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »

@ Floydy,I have used dvd.co.uk many times and find their prices and service excellent.
@ Anne,sorry about your ink problem,I always use genuine ink cartridges.I know they are a bit more expensive but are always reliable.(IMO)

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »

Hiya gang,

On Friday, 13 June 2008 I ordered some ink supplies from 'www.justinkandpaper.com' as recommended on this forum. Imagine my surprise, when bright and early the next morning my postperson delivered  a package with all that I had ordered. What amazing service.

TTFN

toulouse

Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »

I only found out about the site doing a 'Google'.I am always a bit wary using an unknown site for the first time.I wanted 2 cartridges but only ordered one just to see what they were like.Spot on,have now ordered and received my second cartridge. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

That looks a good buy Unc ...    I've emailed them to see if they offer their free delivery service to here....   having checked the price of Epson originals here, the saving would be enormous.   I have used compatibles for a long time, but  price comparisons with this site you recommend are such, that it might be worth using the Epson originals.  My only problem with using compatibles is that in order to make sure the printer prints, I have had to disable the ink indication facility so that when the infernal red flashing lights starts I'm not sure which cartridge it's complaining about !!! :-X   I am now into the habit of writing the date I inserted the cartridge on it , but I don't always remember  ::)

Thank you for the link..   

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:34:58 AM »

Kate,I use HP original cartridges,but what annoys me is when the expiry date ends you get a pop up message to tell you to get a new cartridge.My black one is 3/4 full because I don't do that much text printing.It keeps telling me if I don't change it,any warranty repairs will be void(It ran out 18 months ago) :).I suppose I will have to change it sooner than later.I don't know if it causes problems to the print heads because the cartridge has expired..............

anything