Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My update experience to Win 10 ver 1803  (Read 2673 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
My update experience to Win 10 ver 1803
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »

So this update went rather well compared to previous updates. I updated through the regular windows update function.

The only 2 problems were;

1. It reset my desktop colours and on my 2nd monitor it changed control back to windows instead of leaving nvidia to control it. It was easy to change everything back to how I had it.

2. The only software that failed for me was Avast. I had updated Avast (free) to the latest version earlier in the day and got it working. Then I did the windows update and when it came back to the desktop the avast ui failed to load. At first people on the forum were saying it needed 3 reboots to work. Which didn't work for me. Then some people found it was because remote access had been disabled in windows services, so some people were enabling it (which isnt a good idea to have that running constantly, so I didn't do that). So I ended up on the advice of a tech guy, uninstalling avast, using avastclear to remove all signs of it, and then reinstalling the offline version. After the reboot avast was back working. Btw, if you have any exclusions or settings set, then make a note of them before you do this because you'll be literally starting a new install of avast. Luckily for me I only had 1 exclusion to remember.

Apart from that, all went well.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything