Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Windows 10 Spring Creators Update delayed  (Read 3137 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Windows 10 Spring Creators Update delayed
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-holds-releasing-windows-10-version-1803-public

A couple of weeks ago, I revealed that Microsoft had internally pegged April 10 as the release date of the next major version of Windows 10, known only as 'Version 1803' at this time. Just like with the Fall Creators Update, I had been told by contacts that Microsoft was planning to begin rolling out this new release on April's Patch Tuesday, but that's now come and gone and there's no sign of the update. So what has happened?

According to my sources, over the weekend Microsoft found a blocking bug that, while apparently rather rare, is impactful enough to hold the release until the issue is fixed. Microsoft has internal criteria that a build needs to pass before it goes out to the public, and that criteria is extra thorough when it comes to the production 'ring,' as you might expect. Thanks to feedback from Insiders in the Fast, Slow, and Release Preview rings, this bug was caught before rollout began.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything